Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sony World Photography Awards

What do you think of the winners of the Sony World Photography Awards?

I am really glad a fellow romanian photographer, Alecsandra Dragoi got the Youth Photographer of The Yeard award Smile

I would've posted a link, but one of the award winning photos features a topless woman. Smile

There are some interesting photos...thanks for posting your thread on this. It is always interesting to see other's work and learn from them!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

As far as I see there's an interesting mixture of both old and new tendencies in the winning photos. It's good to see what the jury valued in the winning photos. It helps me realize where I'm standing, as a photographer.

(Apr 29, 2013, 09:24)vlad Wrote:  What do you think of the winners of the Sony World Photography Awards?

I am really glad a fellow romanian photographer, Alecsandra Dragoi got the Youth Photographer of The Yeard award Smile

I would've posted a link, but one of the award winning photos features a topless woman. Smile

I am about to put the cat amongst the canary's, what do judges look for? Am I missing something, I don't want to start a furore amongst members and wouldn't like this thread to go on and on, but are these winning photographs the best of the entries.
Open competition:
Architecture: Derelict swimming pool or what?
Arts & Culture: Best Photograph in the competition Superb.
Enhanced Photo Comp: Not Bad.
Low Light: Like it.
Nature & Wildlife: See better photos every month in Outdoor Photography.
Panoramic: Are the verticals upright?
People Open Comp: Lighting!
Smile open Comp: Love it, certainly caught the essence of the category, but the whole category is very good.
Split Second Comp: Technically superb.
Travel Open Comp: Undecided.
go to the website look at the images and compare the winning images to the shortlisted images and see what you think (there really are some great images there) Also look at the youth category, photography is in good hands.

PongoAlpha

Well, the jury is made out of people, and their decision is subjective to their own visual culture and values. If I was in the jury my picks would've been completely different. But I'm not. Smile

I'm kinda disappointed with this contest..looking at the photos gave me a feeling I'm looking at the photoshop contest. I have absolutely nothing against high postprocessing, but not when we're talking about the photo competition.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post