Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spyder

Anyone using one of these on an LCD? Do you find it's something you need to do regularly, or is color drift pretty much a non-issue with newer LCDs? I'm looking at getting one because the color on this Viewsonic WV2235 just doesn't feel right - I've tweaked the color channels in Adobe Gamma but it still doesn't seem quite right on the whole.

And finally, anyone in the Vancouver/Lower Mainland area got a Spyder they'd be interested in selling off cheap or just *ahem" loaning to me for a test run?

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them. So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
-Marcus Cole

I use a spyder on a viewsonic VX19 something or other. Use it when i get sick of the nag screen. It did make a big difference the initial time, haven't noticed much change upon repeat usage. So it holds it's settings pretty well.

I use a Gretagmacbeth Eyeone Display II, and unless the light/lamps would change dramatically (in the room where im working) i dont see any major diffrence from calibration to calibration (once you done it properly one time) But after a few months you probebly see a diffence, since monitor ages like everything else. :-)

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by StudioJ
Oct 6, 2004, 19:18