Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stacking images

[size=medium]:
I want to expand into macro photography and would like to overcome the shallow depth of field by image stacking. The tutorials I've seen on Utube all glibly talk about using Photoshop CS6. I have not got £700 to spare and I have only got Photoshop 7 on my PC. Is there any way of using this or does Photoshop Elements (which doesn't cost a fortune) have the capability of stacking images?

7 seems doubtful. but this seems to indicate Elements is OK. Ed.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid...NOsI1Ue_og

To each his own!

(May 12, 2014, 13:54)EdMak Wrote:  7 seems doubtful. but this seems to indicate Elements is OK. Ed.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid...NOsI1Ue_og
Thanks, I took a look and the Elements seems the way to go

(May 12, 2014, 09:47)Chad Wrote:  [size=medium]:
I want to expand into macro photography and would like to overcome the shallow depth of field by image stacking. The tutorials I've seen on Utube all glibly talk about using Photoshop CS6. I have not got £700 to spare and I have only got Photoshop 7 on my PC. Is there any way of using this or does Photoshop Elements (which doesn't cost a fortune) have the capability of stacking images?
I recently bought Elements 12, £56 inc postage and I find it's great overall. It will allow photo stacks and if I'm right ( not that good with it yet!!) it will either stack automatically or advise if stacking is warranted. It is quite easy to use I think.
Hope this helps.

(May 12, 2014, 09:47)Chad Wrote:  [size=medium]:

A yearly subscription to PhotoShop CC PLUS Lightroom is $10 US plus tax.
Some will say it's too much, but you'll continually get the latest features and fixes for less than if you used CS6 alone for 5 years.

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jan 14, 2017, 14:30