Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Step right up Fujifilm users!

Step right up, Fujifilm users! Introduce yourselves and let us know what equipment you've got! Big Grin

FujiFilm FinePix S5000 with a 0.42 (iirc)X Wide Lens and a 16 MB xD memory card, upgrading very soon =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Hello, it's me...

I've got the same camera as dewy, the awesome S5000 with its 10x optical zoom lens (F2.8-3.1).

I think it's a great camera, but has a few niggly little things that make it a love-hate relationship. Big Grin

Weird, my lense has f=5.7-57 mm on it =\ Is it the same or what, can some one please explain what this means?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

No, it's right. f=5.7-57mm is talking about the focal length range (i.e. the 10x zoom)

I was talking about the aperture range (F2.8-3.1)

getting confusing =S

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

S5000 owner here, with DCR-250 and DCR-720.

Currently looking to get the Z1, so I can stick with the xD cards I have (16, 256, and 1g), and really just to have something smaller.

Canon 20D: 17-85 IS, 50/1.8
Fuji S5000: DCR-250, DCR-720

Hey Gujustud, welcome to Shuttertalk, welcome!

What sort of photography do you do? I think that would help you determine the choice of cameras. All the newer generation ultra small bodied cams with large screens are quite appealing indeed, as a carry-everywhere general purpose cam.

Seems you have quite an investment in xD cards - shame only Olympus and Fuji use them... Big Grin

I do almost all types of photography. The main reason for the S5000 was at the time I bought it, I wanted a 10x op zoom. I like taking macro shots (of my reef tank). Also I like taking pictures of people during events (like my sisters wedding), but I prefer the more "behind the scene pictures". I'll post some soon from my sisters wedding.

The camera came with the 16mb card, and I bought the 256 at the same time (thats all they had). I got a good deal about a month ago on ebay for the 1gig which was the reason I got it.

I'm really happy with my fuji, which is the reason why I don't mind sticking with it. The reason for the Z1 is because I want a smaller camera just for the carry-everywhere as you say. The S5000 is nice, but it is a lil bulky sometimes.

Yes its too bad that not many others use xD. I really like the format, nice and small, and fast too.

Canon 20D: 17-85 IS, 50/1.8
Fuji S5000: DCR-250, DCR-720

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post