Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stolen!

A close friend of mine had his DSLR and two expensive lenses pinched from his car - they were left sitting on the back seat! Ouch! If you're going to leave equipment in your car, I think you should at least keep it in the boot, out of view...

His equipment was rented though, so I think it's all covered in the cost of the rental...

OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never leave anything in the car that looks stealable, even if its an empty bag, theyll take the bag because it might have millions of monies inside.

ouch ouch ouch!!!!!!!
I wonder if the stealer knows what has been stolen, otherwise you'll see cheap lenses on ebay with descriptions which are copied and pasted from websites

Like you, I never leave anythign in my car that is in sight.

That hurts. I have everything insured myself. If my camera gets stolen I upgrade.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Yeah... he's upgrading... Big Grin

I never leave my camera bag in my car NO MATTER WHAT.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Same!!! I have actually heard storys off someone I went to tafe with that used to that or a living. His theory was if you leave it your car in full view then you deserve to get it stolen. They won't sell it for much though, when it costs nothing to steal then they sell it for nothing, the majority of the time they do it to support drug habbits and not for big profits, as long as it,s enough for their next few hits!! I learnt a lot from this guy, but he did pay the price................. few years in jail Rolleyes

Imagine....

Interesting insights...

Haha, maybe if I hang around cash converters (pawn shop), a bargain priced camera and two lenses might turn up. Big Grin

But getting things at bargain prices, you won't know for certain whether it was a stolen good or not, but the thought of it being a stolen good, won't be nice Tongue or you could ignore and justify that you paid for it Smile

Had my Pentax KM among lots of other things stolen a few years back when my house was burgled, not nice but I did upgrade all my camera and video gear because it was insured.

Reminds me that I should add all my new gear on separately for the house and car insurance just to make sure I am covered, would hate to find out I was not covered after it got stolen.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Apparently if you leave stuff on your seat, it's not covered by your insurance? Has to be in the boot? Dunno... that's what my friend told me...

I am in trouble then, I have a Wagon.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

I'll make sure I don't leave my equipment in the tray of an uncovered ute Smile

My camera needs an upgrade I think I better go and insure it... hehe I never leave anytihng in site, as some people here know I own a PSP, iPod and my camera and it for any reason i am not taking these out of the car with me they remain in the boot or hidden under seats etc... out of site :-P and since the car is only a '91 model Holden Statesman its not like anyone will be driving off with it... or will they be?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Leaving it in the car, it may be out of sight, but still on site Wink

adam Wrote:Leaving it in the car, it may be out of sight, but still on site Wink
Yes that is true but sometimes it is possible to take your gear with you all the time and it really suck having to do so :-(

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post