Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Strawberries

This year, we are growing them in a hanging basket!  Years ago, in another place, on another continent, we were strawberry farmers.  This is our first picking, shot with the Canon Sureshot A640, still going strong.
[attachment=6470]

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

I am delighted to announce that you have been awarded 1st Prize ( Gold Medal ) in the  Strawb Growers annual competition. Excellent
fruit, no damage, great shape.
Oh, and the photo is mighty fine too !.
Cheers, Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Thanks Mike. I shall wear it with pride!

GrahamS

Should grow cream also! Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

Great image, but is it just me. Strawberries taste nothing like the did years ago!

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Picked early and force ripened they just taste like water, naturally grown and picked when ripe they taste just like they always did. Luckily here in California the season is a long one.

Nice pic and great looking strawberries.... now I need to go shopping!

(Jul 1, 2016, 09:40)EdMak Wrote:  Should grow cream also!  Cheers.  Ed.
We considered growing cream, but the waste product is too messy.....

GrahamS

Fresh strawberries, a sprinkle of ground black pepper, Yummm......

GrahamS

Okay you can be put in the same box of weird my wife belongs in... she puts salt on them.

The look delicious! Nicely presented.

Tony

"My wife & I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"

(Jul 1, 2016, 13:02)EnglishBob Wrote:  Okay you can be put in the same box of weird my wife belongs in... she puts salt on them.
She must also be a Strawberry Connoisseur!

GrahamS

Done the pepper bit for years, sugar?? pop a couple of strabs in the Percolator basket, lovely. Ed.

To each his own!

(Jul 1, 2016, 13:02)EnglishBob Wrote:  Okay you can be put in the same box of weird my wife belongs in... she puts salt on them.

Nothing unusual there. Salt is a 'flavour enhancer' so it's logical to put 'just a little sprinkle' over the top of a bowl of them. Then smother in Cornish Clotted Cream!! Delicious, and only a small chance of a heart attack!! Smile

Regards.

Phil.