Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Strictly For The Birds

I really need to get out and shoot, great time of year for birds here.

(Sep 4, 2016, 21:49)EnglishBob Wrote:  I really need to get out and shoot, great time of year for birds here.
My favorite heron and egret spots are especially active here in California.

Best regards,

Tony

"My wife & I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"

Here's a couple more I hope you'll enjoy.

Tony

[Image: dgrin2016corms%20%281%29-M.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7707-M.jpg]

"My wife & I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"

Wonderful series Tony !

#5 is my pic of the last few. Great image.

(Sep 20, 2016, 12:50)Vanisle John Wrote:  Wonderful series Tony !
Thanks very much!

Tony

(Sep 23, 2016, 11:03)EnglishBob Wrote:  #5 is my pic of the last few.  Great image.
Thanks. The color behind this Heermann's Gull in image #5 was provided by ice plant. Gorgeous gull.

Tony

Hello everyone. I wanted to share a couple of my recent shots. While walking home after a day of photographing my usual herons, egrets and cormorants, this gorgeous Red-tailed Hawk lands no more than five feet from me. Here's a few of my favorites from that very fortunate encounter. Hand-held, no cropping.

[Image: IMG_4084-M.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4140-L.jpg]

An opportunity well handled. Ed.

To each his own!

A superb series !

Wonderful.

(Oct 25, 2016, 08:52)EdMak Wrote:  An opportunity well handled.  Ed.
Thanks very much, Ed.

Tony

(Oct 25, 2016, 15:00)EnglishBob Wrote:  Wonderful.
Thanks very much!

Tony

(Oct 25, 2016, 09:03)Vanisle John Wrote:  A superb series !
Thank you so much!

Tony

Hello All,

It's been a while so I hope all is well with you. I wanted to share some of my latest photos. Hope you'll enjoy them. All wild, hand-held, no cropping.

Tony

[Image: IMG_5287-L.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4850-L.jpg]

[Image: tonybrittonegret2017-L.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4840-L.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6563-M.jpg]

You have not lost the touch! Ed.

To each his own!

Another fantastic series, especially love the backlit egret.

(Jan 22, 2017, 14:01)EdMak Wrote:  You have not lost the touch!  Ed.
Thanks for looking and commenting, Ed.

Tony

(Jan 22, 2017, 18:00)EnglishBob Wrote:  Another fantastic series, especially love the backlit egret.
Thanks, Craig. I appreciate your comments.

Tony

Here's a few more from my Egret Series featuring side-lighting.

[Image: IMG_4773-L.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4847-L.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4866-L.jpg]

Brilliant, Tony. Especially # 2 - that's just top drawer. Where are these taken?

(Jan 28, 2017, 07:40)delb0y Wrote:  Brilliant, Tony. Especially # 2 - that's just top drawer. Where are these taken?
Thank you. These egret photos were taken in Santa Cruz, California, which is approximately 70 miles south of San Francisco. The majority of my bird & wildlife photos include cities within the Monterey Bay Area such as Moss Landing, Pacific Grove, Santa Cruz, Monterey, and Carmel. All coastal. 

Tony

Reminds me of lovely days spent reading Tortilla Flat and Cannery Road :-)

Another graet series.

Hello All,

Here's a mix of my favorite wild & captive bird pics, which I hope you'll enjoy.

[Image: IMG_5270-M.jpg].
2. Captive Waldrapp Ibis
[Image: DSC02101-M.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8637-M.jpg]
4. Captive Hadada Ibis
[Image: DSC01077-M.jpg]
[Image: i-2B4zvQm-M.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Feb 14, 2015, 06:41