Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stumbleupon

Hey Shuttertalkers! Just wondering whether anyone has come across this?

Quote:StumbleUpon is an intelligent browsing tool for sharing and discovering great websites. As you click Stumble!, you'll get high-quality pages matched to your personal preferences. These pages have been explicitly recommended (rated I like it) by friends and other SU members with similar interests. Rating these sites shares them with your friends and peers – you will automatically 'stumble upon' each others favorites sites.

I've downloaded it give it a go... Big Grin

I saw that when I was browsing Firefox extensions, but didn't really understand it... maybe I'll give it a go too...

[edit] Ok, so that's downright addictive!!!! I could spend all day just hitting the Stumble button!!

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Tell me about it! I stumbled the whole afternoon away yesterday... Big Grin

This is one cool site I found courtesy of Stumbleupon:
Macro Insect Photos

For the "uninitiated" -- how it works is you choose your interests when you sign up (e.g. Photography, Christianity, History, etc. etc.). When you click on the Stumble button it brings you to a page which fits your interests, that other people have recommended. If you like it, you "recommend" it to others by clicking on the "I like it!" button.

So basically you're surfing quality links which other people with similar interests to you have recommended.

Ok, I'm stumbling. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

So it's pages recommended by surfers, rather than pages recommended by (for example) google's ad sales department? now that could be interesting ...

So far it is interresting. Check it out. Right away I stumbled upon a memebr's site from POTN.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images