Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggest your own SCENE MODE

Thought this post on rec.photo.digital was pretty funny...

Quote:"John Wright Aug 26, 3:30 am

These days, compact digital cameras come with "Scene Mode" options like
"Landscape", "Flower", "Portrait", "Night scene", "Surf", "Snow", "Self
portrait", "Museum", "Pet", "Foliage", "Soft", "Sunset", "Firework"
etc. Pentax even provides one called "Food"..."

Food??? Alright Shuttertalkers, let's have some fun and do the camera manufacturers a favour. What new and creative scene modes do you think should be included in the next line of digicams?

Here's some of my suggestions:

"Psychedelic hippie" mode - decorates your photos with wild colours so they look like they're right out of the 70's

"Exploding camera" mode - takes photo right before your camera gets blown to bits

just for adam ...
Stalker Mode ...
hahaha
joking....

its be nice if there was a stealth mode ~_~ ... but dont think thats ever gonna happen ...

How about "Family Snap" mode which performs random effects varying from completely overexposure from the flash, cutting off of heads, random focal lengths for that total lack of composition and a digitally superimposed thumb/camera strap over part of the frame.

Since Fuji are adding film like qualities to their S3 perhaps Kodak should release their new pro camera with a T-Max emulation mode which makes your shots terribly grainy and over contrasted.

lol.... good one Wink

"Half Built Olympic Stadium"
and
"Auto Paning"

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

My personal favourite....

"Camera Debate Mode"

This mode would illustrate all the positive reasons why each picture you took was better and worth the money you spent on the camera in relation to a selected "compared" camera. This would also allow the user several sub modes including D70 vs 300d mode, 10D vs. D100 mode and so on and so forth. Firmware upgrades would include a list of cameras to choose from as they become available.

Users of DPREVIEW.com would LOVE this feature. Would eliminate a good portion of the bashing that goes on as the user would be reassured daily that he/she made a solid purchase.

If I could add another.....{please}

"Expert Mode"....

Switch it to this and suddenly you have mental access to years of photographic knowledge.

Cheers all,

JT

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Or how about "Flash for cash" mode.

You click the shutter and if you get 3 apples side-by-side into the frame £1000 comes out through the CF compartment Big Grin

My istD doesn't have any scene modes

Polly

What about PG mode?

It automatically tracks certain types of people.

As a Christian however, I'd better say no more!!

Rolleyes

Cave canem

hahahahahaha Smile
funny funny people!! har har har!!!

I need the "good picture mode" where everyone will smile.

adam Wrote:I need the "good picture mode" where everyone will smile.

Hey I need that one too...

Or perhaps a "nice owner shot" mode so that pictures of you turn out nice when you hand your camera to someone else...

group-photo-arranger
OR a person shifter... one so that when someone takes a picture and loves to stick the head in the centre of the frame itll automatically snap to the rule of thirds Tongue

or a toilet and fridge... mmmm

I.R. mode.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

shuttertalk Wrote:These days, compact digital cameras come with "Scene Mode" options like
"Landscape", "Flower", "Portrait", "Night scene", "Surf", "Snow", "Self
portrait", "Museum", "Pet", "Foliage", "Soft", "Sunset", "Firework"
etc. Pentax even provides one called "Food"..."[/i]

Hey Petographper... look -- there's a "Pet" mode! Big Grin

Excellent! I bet it stops wagging tails, drooling, peeing, panting, shedding, but will it help with dogs that are hyper active? If it does then here is my visa #. Encrypted of course. xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx 01 10 2005 Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I was reading a review of the Nikon Coolpix 8700 and it had a "copy" mode, what on earth does that one do?

copy mode? haha! To go into an art-gallery and 'copy' the pictures Tongue

IR mode Tongue~ hehe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by johnytrout
May 8, 2014, 15:46
Last Post by Korry
Apr 3, 2013, 00:36