Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sunset on the Ohio

I'm not really fond of sunset images but this one was caught, reluctantly on a club outing. It was taken from the top of the cave at Cave in Rock, Illinois last January, overlooking the Ohio River looking Southwest toward Kentucky. I used the silhouetted trees on the right to impart a framing effect.

Canon 20D, 55mm, f/8.0 @ 1/125, ISO 100, tripod mounted.

[Image: sunsetatcaveinrockwcl3.jpg]

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

I really love the deep orange color. I think I might have cropped it a little different to focus more on the bottom clouds where the sun is setting, but that is me... Keep shooting... God Bless.
In Christ,
Brad

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1Peter 1:16

Wow, I really like the intensity of the colours and the definition in the clouds. The framing effect adds some interest as well... nicely done. Big Grin

Thank you both for the positive comments!

Rene

Beautiful sunset with very interesting sky... nicely framed by the silhouettes of the tree... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Beautiful sunset with very interesting sky... Smile
At the time the picture was taken the sky was buzzing with jets, thus the contrails. Thanks Irma for the comment.

Rene

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Dec 21, 2014, 11:44