Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Survey About Wounded Cameras

The other day my camera fell on the sidewalk in a less than perfectly cushioned case I was trying out. I damaged the speaker in the camera so now it's a silent as a Stealth Bomber. Thank goodness everything else works.

What I want to know is...how many people are working with wounded cameras?

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

There's a screwy piece on my camera just toi the rear of the viewfinder - also just slightly above the shutter release...

No camera damage here but I had to work on getting a tiny screw out from one of my lenses. Still works fine.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

My sensor is going bad, so every few days whole series of photos are useless.
But rather than damage, this was destiny.
I got one from the run of bad sensors Sony made, that found their way into Canon, Fuji and other brands, too.
It will only get worse until the sensor fails completely.
Only then can I get if fixed by Sony for free.

My Sony F828 is missing some screws; I don't know when they fell out but they don't seem to be needed. (Like camera, like owner.) It also has some mineral deposits fogging the inside of the viewpiece for the EVF. How they got there is another story...

My E-1, despite being recently serviced, freezes on occasion. It also had its rubber grip replaced, as they have a tendency to stretch and peel off. (Like camera, like owner.) I had been using it with a little flap loose for about two months before the warranty was about to run out. I assume it will happen again, at which point it will be solved with some double-sided tape.

My Canon Elph/Ixus S400 works flawlessly. Its metal body is scratched, but the LCD is fine and everything functions properly.

My Canon APS Elph, the original version, has a pop-up flash that sticks and won't automatically deploy. That, and there's no way to download the images directly from the film to my computer. I haven't used it in three years, but the CR123 battery's still good.

The camera in my phone works fine.

...and that's the whole inventory.

So, to sum up, I'm missing a few screws, prone to losing my grip, and occasionally freeze for no reason.
...and that's the story of my life.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I have a few old cameras that have little problems here and there.. But I don't use them nearly as much as my primary - the Rebel XT. And luckily, that's still fine with no damage. :-)

Wow. It's the story of aging and error.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

My kodak battery compartment owes more to superglue and modelling clay then the plastices it was originally made of. It also has a melted spot from an accident shooting a campfire.

My Rebel has a couple of gouges in it, but nothing major.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Feb 8, 2017, 15:35