Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Moon

This was taken in September 2013 from my back garden. I used my celestron telescope with my canon 1100d camera attached. A little bit of tweaking with contrast and sharpening has been used. Comments good and bad appreciated. Love the night sky and this is my first attempt at astrophotography.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow this is an incredible photograph. I love the comparison of the light and the dark. I have the same camera and this is extremely interesting.
Great picture, look forward to seeing more like this.
Beth.

(Jan 3, 2014, 17:23)snaphappy Wrote:  This was taken in September 2013 from my back garden. I used my celestron telescope with my canon 1100d camera attached. A little bit of tweaking with contrast and sharpening has been used. Comments good and bad appreciated. Love the night sky and this is my first attempt at astrophotography.

Also i dont want to sound stupid but how do you connect the camera to the telescope and are the telescopes really expensive?

(Jan 6, 2014, 10:30)bethanhearne81 Wrote:  Wow this is an incredible photograph. I love the comparison of the light and the dark. I have the same camera and this is extremely interesting.
Beth.

(Jan 3, 2014, 17:23)snaphappy Wrote:  This was taken in September 2013 from my back garden. I used my celestron telescope with my canon 1100d camera attached. A little bit of tweaking with contrast and sharpening has been used. Comments good and bad appreciated. Love the night sky and this is my first attempt at astrophotography.

(Jan 6, 2014, 10:47)bethanhearne81 Wrote:  Also i dont want to sound stupid but how do you connect the camera to the telescope and are the telescopes really expensive?

(Jan 6, 2014, 10:30)bethanhearne81 Wrote:  Wow this is an incredible photograph. I love the comparison of the light and the dark. I have the same camera and this is extremely interesting.
Beth.

Thank you Bethanhearne81. I have a celestron Nexstar SE4 telescope which I bought a few years ago for about £550. I attached the camera with an adaptor which screws into the front of the camera in place of the lens. The other part of the adaptor screws into the telescope under the eyepiece. You can find out more by looking on the net as there is rather a lot to explain on here. Hope this helps. My next project is to get a picture of jupiter and its moons and the milky way.

(Jan 6, 2014, 12:22)snaphappy Wrote:  
(Jan 6, 2014, 10:47)bethanhearne81 Wrote:  Also i dont want to sound stupid but how do you connect the camera to the telescope and are the telescopes really expensive?

Beth.

Thank you Bethanhearne81. I have a celestron Nexstar SE4 telescope which I bought a few years ago for about £550. I attached the camera with an adaptor which screws into the front of the camera in place of the lens. The other part of the adaptor screws into the telescope under the eyepiece. You can find out more by looking on the net as there is rather a lot to explain on here. Hope this helps. My next project is to get a picture of jupiter and its moons and the milky way.

Hi Beth, you might find this helpful. Type in "how to attach a dslr camera to a telescope" and you will get a lot of sites to look into. Please keep in touch
with regards Jane

Wow I really hope to see when you post Jupiter, that is so cool!
Thanks for the advice!!
Beth.
(Jan 6, 2014, 12:22)snaphappy Wrote:  

Beth.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Aug 25, 2015, 23:40
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Apr 30, 2015, 22:52
Last Post by czkid
Apr 1, 2015, 18:28