Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Selfie Stick - ridiculous?
Tongue 

So I was thinking about the selfie sticks you now see in stores and how ridiculous it is to have something for self-portraits. Then I thought about my last couple of selfies... 2 sets of wireless triggers, 3 flashes, a diffuser, 2 flash grids, 3 light stands, backdrop holder and muslin, tripod.... oh and a camera...

So, how about them selfie-sticks, what a fantastic idea! Tongue

(May 23, 2015, 09:33)EnglishBob Wrote:  So I was thinking about the selfie sticks you now see in stores and how ridiculous it is to have something for self-portraits. Then I thought about my last couple of selfies... 2 sets of wireless triggers, 3 flashes, a diffuser, 2 flash grids, 3 light stands, backdrop holder and muslin, tripod.... oh and a camera...

Just another gimmicky gadget Craig. You just have to compare with the artistry of your self portraits.
Anyway, why not just hand the cell phone to a friend to take a picture.

Photography is a never-ending journey

(May 23, 2015, 09:33)EnglishBob Wrote:  So I was thinking about the selfie sticks you now see in stores and how ridiculous it is to have something for self-portraits. Then I thought about my last couple of selfies... 2 sets of wireless triggers, 3 flashes, a diffuser, 2 flash grids, 3 light stands, backdrop holder and muslin, tripod.... oh and a camera...

I agree with you, Bob. It is a good idea. What if there is no one else around to take your photo? Great way to let your friends know right away where you are by sending off a photo of yourself immediately. You can capture the place in the background as so many do.Big Grin

Hi guys,

Driving the other day in traffic, a dazzling lime green 15 plate brand new low down Lamborghini drew alongside in the outside lane. I have rarely been so impressed with a motor. We nudged along in the traffic, sometimes he would go slightly ahead and sometimes fall back with the movement of the traffic. It occurred to me that my iPhone was to hand and at a safe point with the traffic at a standstill, I grabbed it, switched to camera mode, leaned out very slightly to get the lime green full screen, pressed the shutter... and took a selfie...

It wasn't pretty either.

Glad it wasn't on a selfie-stick!

Jeff

Apparently the 2 poor people who got electrocuted on a mountain in Wales in the middle of a quick storm were taking a selfie with one of those metal selfie sticks and apparently that it was the lightning struck

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toad
Oct 20, 2004, 22:56