Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Shuttertalk Squirrel Thread!

Ok, Here I start a thread where I expect more suirrel shots from around the World. Please join in with your photos or comments. This image is not 100% in focus, but I posted it anyways because I like the pose s/he is in! Smile

[Image: half_n_half.jpg]

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Cuteness makes up for the lack of focus. Still a good shot John.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Oh! Yes... it is beautiful... and look at that long tail... Wink

Great idea of the thread, John!! Thanks Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great shot. The paws are in focus at least.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Ok, Thanx guys / galls, now it is your turn, so pony-up those squirrel shots! Big Grin

I wish I had any squirrel-shots. Big Grin In fact, I wish I had any animal shots! Big Grin I think I don't have enough patience to wait for hours in the forest to get a shot of a animal. Or I haven't had any luck (yet) seeing a squirrel or any other animal. Yet a good one, Janinka.

Do we have squirrels in Australia? Big Grin I'll keep my eye out for them... or maybe I'll just take some photos of big rats running around my house. Just kidding.. Big Grin

[Image: normal_inhere.jpg]

[Image: normal_doughnut%20bandit.jpg]

[Image: normal_cjh%20abpo%20029.JPG]

Your pictures are beautiful Bob.... I love the last one!!! Smile Great addition to the squirrel thread...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I just love the little bugger stealing the donut.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

That's too funny Bob, Thanx for sharing! Big Grin

rofl... awesome shots, Craig! Those squirrels look like real pests! Reminds me of chip & dale... Big Grin

Wahey! Squirrels! I just LOVE these little fellas, have them running all over the garden.

Here's a couple of pix - first one I call "Hector"

[Image: Hector.jpg]

and here's a snapshot of another one which shows a bit more detail of the funny, fat little bottom lip they have. Big Grin

[Image: Lippy.jpg]

Pol

Hey Pol!

Hector's amazingly cute! And great pic you have there - tack sharp, bright and beautiful.

Methinks Hector is a she though... Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:Hey Pol!

Hector's amazingly cute! And great pic you have there - tack sharp, bright and beautiful.

Looks like it but I think not, and I bet I'm correct.
Cos I've seen him before.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

shuttertalk Wrote:Hey Pol!

Yeah 'Hector's' a girl - but we give most of them boys' names. We know for sure that "Kevin" is a boy because he showed his dangly bits one time. Big Grin

We also know that "Sabrina" - aka the "Big Fat Momma is a girl, also a right little raver always at it if the numbers in the garden are anything to go by. :o

I 'train' them to come very close, which is how I managed to get that one of 'Hector'. She was maybe only 3-4ft away and I was able to zoom in very close with the Tamron 28-300 - so that's the full frame.

W gave them a couple of Nutteries for Christmas so they now have a constant supply of food along the fence. It's great fun watching them lift the lids to get at the food. I'll see if i can dig out one or two more old pics - possible one of the Big Fat Momma when she was awaiting yet another 'happy event' - randy little tart. Big Grin

Pol

NT73 Wrote:Looks like it but I think not, and I bet I'm correct.
Cos I've seen him before.
I'm sure you've seen Hector before (she's one of this Summer's babies) but I think the one you're remembering, showing his danglies, is one of Kevin (last year's big brother) hanging under the bird table. I'll see if I can dig it out, maybe I can find one of his Momma too. Big Grin

Pol

Polly Wrote:I'm sure you've seen Hector before (she's one of this Summer's babies) but I think the one you're remembering, showing his danglies, is one of Kevin (last year's big brother) hanging under the bird table. I'll see if I can dig it out, maybe I can find one of his Momma too. Big Grin

Pol
Here's the one of Kevin hanging under one of the bird tables. Not a very good shot, just a crop from a snapshot taken from quite a distance - but it shows his fascinating paws of his back legs as well as his budding family jewels. Cool

[Image: kevihung.jpg]

..... and I see I already posted a picci of his "Big Fat Momma" (aka Sabrina) along with a few other squirrel pix so here's a link to that particular thread (posted in here sometime last year).

Pol

Polly; That first shot is a high quality photo, I love it! Glad you participate in this... Thank you! Wink

Here is one more from me:

[Image: The-guard.jpg]

Great shots Polly... incredibly sharp.

Allow me:

[Image: Just-like-that.jpg]

Great shot Janika, Crazy angle!

Thanx Bob; s/he was really like that when I shot this image, kind of upsidedown. Sometimes they run up n down on tree trunks like this! Smile

Man, John, that down-the-tree squirrel of yours is fantastic!

Thanx S.T, Appreciate the comments and feedback! Cheers...

John

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post