Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Spider Waits

This was taken with my Nikon Coolpix P600 (I'm very inexperienced) at early morning lite in the woods where I walk my dog.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice shot!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

(Jan 16, 2015, 19:17)czkid Wrote:  This was taken with my Nikon Coolpix P600 (I'm very inexperienced) at early morning lite in the woods where I walk my dog.

I think that is good, czkid, considering the low light woodland conditions - perhaps you used flash. I haven't seen such a spider here in the UK. Are you in the USA ?. Looking at the distinctive legs I'm thinking it might be one of the 'Orbweavers'.

Peter

Photography is a never-ending journey

Hello Peter,
Thanks for the reply and support. I'm very serious about this "new" endeavor of mine. Yes, I have it on "auto" which adjusts everything for me. I haven't got the knowledge to use all the bells and whistles on the camera. I'm reading my book and learning all the buttons, etc. The pic was taken in a protected park in Gainesville, FL, that is kept pristine nature. The spider actually later had a large bug in the web, but, I just couldn't get him and the bug all together.

(Jan 17, 2015, 04:57)Plantsman Wrote:  
(Jan 16, 2015, 19:17)czkid Wrote:  This was taken with my Nikon Coolpix P600 (I'm very inexperienced) at early morning lite in the woods where I walk my dog.

I think that is good, czkid, considering the low light woodland conditions - perhaps you used flash. I haven't seen such a spider here in the UK. Are you in the USA ?. Looking at the distinctive legs I'm thinking it might be one of the 'Orbweavers'.

Peter

Thanks for the vote of confidence!! I'm in to offbeat shots that people don't see a lot, you know, red clouds after a rain, strange lichens on trees, etc. Pat

(Jan 16, 2015, 21:13)Don Schaeffer Wrote:  Nice shot!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 25, 2015, 10:34
Last Post by 1hdr4u
Sep 25, 2013, 18:47