Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The face behind the camera

How about a "guess my age" game? haha

i'm not often infront of the camera, but here's a sketch of me... Big Grin

[Image: 91_self.JPG]

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

Ok so ill post a pic , like most of yall im not much for being on the other end of a camera.

[Image: shawn.JPG]

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Holy crap man, where are you off to with all that gear? Have you guys formed some sort of photographer's militia?

Wink

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Drake! You're a hunter! What do you have for firearms? I have a Beretta 12 guage.

jericho Wrote:Holy crap man, where are you off to with all that gear? Have you guys formed some sort of photographer's militia?

Wink

LMAO Big Grin

heheh now that would be something.

/P.L

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Toad Wrote:Drake! You're a hunter! What do you have for firearms? I have a Beretta 12 guage.

Toad i shoot a Winchester Super X 2 12 ga. And now the truth is out ! Big Grin .

paul thats not all the gear . the rest is still in the water ..

Taod now you know why i need a camera case ( back pack ) that will withstand the elements . In the winter when the ducks come down i will have yall some great pics of them( i hope ) ..

Thanks for the help on the picture .......

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I had the idea that hunters dress colorful clothing not to be mistaken by the other hunters... I like your clothing Smile it must be very interesting to go hunting...

I am sure you will have beautiful pictures.... looking forward to seeing them Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

it is very intersting to go hunting . the thing is that i get to see some very pretty things out there and i would love to share them with everyone . Hunting isnt all about the hunt , its about the peace that is out there . No noise but nature!

Your not wrong IRma, in California at least they are supposed to wear somethig bright orange... I nake sure to wear a vest when I am out taking pictures in hunting season.

EnglishBob Wrote:Your not wrong IRma, in California at least they are supposed to wear somethig bright orange... I nake sure to wear a vest when I am out taking pictures in hunting season.

you cant wear orange when you are hunting any birs ( ducks , dove , turkey ,etc. upland bid hunting is an exception) they see color very well, but it is always a good idea to where it when you are in a area that has any hunting around it.

My Lomo Self

[Image: lomoself.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

BD, when I first saw your photo I saw an old friend who is no longer with us. The likeness is incredible. When I called the wife over to look her jaw hit the floor. Anyway, good to see your photo. I would like to hunt but the wifey is dead against it. I'd like to hunt ducks and such but I don't know if I'd have the heart to hunt big game.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:BD, when I first saw your photo I saw an old friend who is no longer with us. The likeness is incredible. When I called the wife over to look her jaw hit the floor. Anyway, good to see your photo. I would like to hunt but the wifey is dead against it. I'd like to hunt ducks and such but I don't know if I'd have the heart to hunt big game.

If any of yall are in Mississippi during season yall are welcome to come .
Peto, you dont need a gun to hunt !! you have the skills with the camera and you cna get the same enjoyment as i do ( but i will be getting both Tongue ) . I have a lot of "spots" that i can take pics of deer , bobcats, turkey , and any waterfowl in the area.

I guess everyone has a twin in this world..

Great pics Don.....

Hahah, "shooting" in more ways than one...

I've only been hunting once - shooting some quail in a paddock with a 4-gauge shotgun some time back...

4 ga? now thats new to me . I believe thats a bigger gun than a 12 ga. But i dont know if the ga. are different here then there .

Banded Drake Wrote:4 ga? now thats new to me . I believe thats a bigger gun than a 12 ga. But i dont know if the ga. are different here then there .

He probably means a .410 gage shotgun.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

yea didnt think about that thanks

hm... i'm not an expert, but I think the pellets were supposed to be larger than the 12 gauge, so we didn't get lots of little pellets all through the birds. One of the hunters wanted to eat them after... Big Grin

[Image: 73_SG_050312P-0111.jpg]

Heres mine, taken about a year ago by someone who doesn't like me so not a bad job. Certainly better than some of my scary avatars!

Here's my mug:

[Image: _MG_5705%20(Small).jpg]

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

[Image: Dreams_do_come_true_by_Kerridwyn.jpg]

This is moi at the Melbourne F1GP in 2005, I got to liase with one of the pit crew for the weekend and even scored a tour of there pits Smile .....

Oh my real name is Brett

More photos here if your interested: http://photography.mysticktech.com/thumb...p?album=42

If you look closely you can see that the Radio is set to Pablo Montoya's Freq

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

Kerridwyn's Photography Gallery

Hey that's a great one of you Jamie... love the colours and light in it. Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by canon400d
Nov 10, 2013, 04:15