Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The things you see walking down the street...

[Image: i-FMbw5Br-L.jpg]

Can you believe I took this photo of four complete strangers while walking down a city street on Thursday? In the fifteen seconds and two shots that was the entire photoshoot, I spoke two sentences to them - "Can I please take a photo of you ladies?" and "Thank you".
I wish all my subjects were this easy to work with and amazing to photograph. Big Grin

Here's a link to the photo before I took the background out in Photoshop.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I think they'd get on really well with the Pluggs there Ade!Smile

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

amazing photo - looks like it took for ever to set up. Well modeled, well executed.

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Great shot.

Excellent work. The cutting out looks neat.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Sometimes you get lucky...Good thing you had your camera with you.

Thanks Smile

Full disclosure:
The street I happened to be walking down just happened to have a Christmas street parade in progress, and I happened to be covering the event for the local council who were hosting it. I was actively looking for photos like this to take, and these lovely ladies were actively looking to have their photo taken. There wasn't much luck involved in a shot being taken to begin with.

[Image: i-fBvTHPP-L.jpg]

The remarkable thing was the result given the circumstances. There were literally thousands of people on the street. Kids, animals, balloons, and a million things that could have ruined (or at least significantly altered) the photo.
Amongst all that chaos we managed to constuct a photo completely removed from its original environment that creates its own context. With no instructions, no trial-and-error, just two shots and 15 seconds. That's where the luck comes into play. Scanning through my photos from the day, this shot stands out as if it belongs to a different photoshoot and got mixed up in the wrong folder.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Feb 3, 2020, 11:47