Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Three cities from above

I recently returned from a quick trip to Tasmania to see my family.
My return flight left Hobart, stopped in Sydney, and terminated in Perth. I didn't really take photos while I was in Hobart but I happened to have my 5D2 (with 24-105L) out in the plane so I got a few photos on the flight back.

[Image: 900944217_hyqqG-L.jpg]
1. Hobart from Mt Nelson (not taken from a plane!).

[Image: 900946414_3STpY-L.jpg]
2. Approaching Sydney from the air.

[Image: 900944811_rYK4E-L.jpg]
3. Approaching Perth.

[Image: 900945299_B27kp-L.jpg]
4. Landing in Perth.

[Image: 900945661_Fx8nK-M.jpg]
5. My five-minute photoshop attempt at a vintage Sydney postcard. :/

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Always a treat to see your stuff. #1 in particular catches my eye...its the light, I suppose

Thanks Toad, but I feel I was quite lazy with these shots.

Interesting you point out shot #1. While I was in Hobart I was looking at possible investment properties to buy and this photo is the view from a house I was considering.
It's a beautiful view and would be worth millions in Perth or Sydney, but in Hobart so many houses have great views they are worth very little... whether it be a view of the river, city or mountains.. everybody lives on the side of a steep hill.
I was born and grew up in Hobart and now living in (very flat) Perth I sorely miss these kind of views. I also miss the twisty roads. But I don't miss the lousy weather!

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I miss my time in Tassie. Lovely work Adrian.

Canon stuff.

#2 and #3 are awesome! They look just like postcards and I can't believe you took them from the plane. Big Grin

Dear Adrian, I always dream(ed) to see all cities from above but during night... Because during night you can see and find how great human world and you notice how great human made world... (something like that, sorry for my langauge) and it was my dream especially to fly near to the earth by plane to visit all cities during night... So, when I saw your photographs, it was so exciting for me, cities in night and from the planes.. yes maybe one of them is not. BUT these are so beautiful, Hobart, Perth,... Sydney too, but I haven't seen the other cities before. You did an excellent photographs, I loved them. And I wonder how did you take this night shot of Perth without tripod, especially night shot! Fascinated me.

Thank you,
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Beautiful pictures all, Adrian. #1 looks so magical... Smile

I like your treatment in #5... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I also like the Approaching Perth shot.
When I was in Tenerife I could only get something like that, with a tripod from my balcony.
I have no idea how you got it from the plane.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.