Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

To Flash or not to Flash?

No Jamie, leave your clothes on! :o

What are your thoughts? What are your reasons for your vote? When they should and when they should not be used? Should sound be used? What type? Soothing sounds but no music?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I assume you're talking about using flash animations in websites? Personally I prefer non-flash sites as some browsers don't display them and I like my sites to be optimised as much as possible.

I strongly prefer non-flash sites.

But if you must use flash, don't add cheesy background music!

:o

Flash site are geneerally better for sites that are more arts .. because it is easier to do motion and stuff without having to learn tricky things like dhtml...

but for sites that need constant updating.. they are a definite no no ... however. .. in some cases it is possible now in the fact that you can access other files now in flash...

I think a bit of both, I do most of my banner adverts up in Flash now, it seems that more than 80% of the population has a flash enabled browser.

I can only speak for myself - when I see a flash intro - I hit the "skip intro" button every time...

lol... me too Toad! And those with no "skip intro" buttons... I usually close the window Smile

the adblock wild card for *.swf is just soooo COOL!!!

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

(Sep 20, 2004, 23:06)shuttertalk Wrote:  lol... me too Toad! And those with no "skip intro" buttons... I usually close the window Smile
Hey Toad, settle down. You're making me nevrous! Tongue

(Sep 20, 2014, 14:17)Pegger3D Wrote:  
(Sep 20, 2004, 23:06)shuttertalk Wrote:  lol... me too Toad! And those with no "skip intro" buttons... I usually close the window Smile
Hey Toad, settle down. You're making me nevrous! Tongue
Hey, I just realized I did not upload my avatar to this site.Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by pixbyjnjphotos
Apr 19, 2015, 22:27
Last Post by Banded Drake
May 7, 2007, 15:50