Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

To camera, or not to camera?

Does anyone face this dilemma when going to a function or party. To bring your camera or not? To shoot and capture special moments, or to just enjoy yourself without having to think about taking photos?

Can't you do both? I quite happily drink and be merry with the camera on the hip Smile

I do miss the days of small point and shoots though they're much easier for that, you can just slip them in your pocket. However having said that they aren't much fun shooting in low light.

That's one reason for owning a picnic portable digicam as well as your SLR. The smaller the better - that way if you don't feel like taking a picture, or there is no good subject, it is not a pain to carry around. There are some lovely little digicams available these days - at a party you probably don't need a zoom or a bunch of bells and whistles.

If it were up to me, I'd bring the big ol' SLR with me everywhere

But more often than not, when I reach for my gear-filled Lowepro Mini Trekker as I'm heading out the door, my wife gives me that look that says, "don't even THINK about it, buster!"

Rolleyes

Lol... my wife hasn't started doing that yet, thankfully, as my camera fits in a small shoulder bag. My tripod on the other hand.... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post