Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Today’s walk

This is St Michaels Mount, this morning, before the rain came in again. hadn’t seen the mount from this direction before.
1/200 sec at f16.

A little later on we found this cloudy yellow butterfly looking a little worse for wear.
1/30sec at f11 using a 100mm macro lens.

Enjoyable and productive walk Dean. View is worthy of a Calender, when the chimney/mast? is cloned out on the skyline, and ditto, wind turbine foreground left. Like to see this as an A3. Feel sorry for the butterfly, well found. Cheers. Ed.

Thanks Ed. Wind turbines are now part of our skyline; ditto the mast and aerial on the horizon. Keeps us safe in bed at night, or so they say. More concern, to me, is the new relatively huge building which is Penwith College.

Could be worse Dean, at least it does not show on skyline. Ed.

I like the St micheal's mount picture. You have managed to get the Mount nicely isolated within a fairly detailed landscape.

Hi Dean,

A cracking picture of 'The Mount'. I've never seen it from that angle before. My guess would be that the chimney at the top of the hill would be from an old pumping house attached to a tin mine, am I right? If so I'd leave it where it is, as it's part of the history of Cornwall. As for the 'windmill' I'd clone it out. The beastly things are cropping up all over the place with total disregard for the aesthetic beauty of the area they are in.

All in all Dean your picture is exposed perfectly and the composition is spot on. On my monitor it's very close to 3d in its effect and is very impressive.

Regards.

Phil.

Thanks John and Phil. Both “intrusions" on the left hand horizon are communication aerials. Cornwall has a significant history in communications, first transatlantic cable from Porthcurno and dishes at Goon hilly. They are as much Cornish history as the mine engine houses. Interesting comment - clone it out if its modern, leave in if its old! Wind turbines are also part of our new heritage, love them or hate them. If I was trying to create something that represented olde worlde Cornwall I would have added a mist arising from the sea to blur out most of Penzance. As it is I was just recording what it looks like today, or yesterday to be accurate, might have blown away in last nights gale. Not art, I know. Room for discussion here, I guess.

Another view of St Michaels Mount from Sunday’s walk. This was taken with a Nikon AW110 compact on auto settings.

(Nov 10, 2013, 17:29)Dean Wrote:  This is St Michaels Mount, this morning, before the rain came in again. hadn’t seen the mount from this direction before.
1/200 sec at f16.

I love that walk..

This, I like very much, reminds me of the Cruel Sea. and, shows the capability, not taking it away from you, of both fully Auto, and a compact camera. Excellent. Ed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 5, 2018, 13:42
Last Post by MrB
Oct 20, 2017, 00:03
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 17, 2016, 23:05