Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Translation Fun!

You've probably seen this before, but you can get some funny results by translating from english to another language, and then translating back to english again. Translation engine here.

Here's one of my front page posts translated from English -> Dutch -> English. Starts off ok, but gets funny later on... someone tell me what a "blindprioriteit" is, or "beelden with kader-aan-kader"... hehe Big Grin

Quote:Fujifilm have announced a new line of digital camera's beside a, f and the serial s. The range of e has been launched with 3 models, which are aimed at photograph do-it-yourselfers who zoeken a powerful and multi-purpose property which is placed in a compact body. The camera's characteristics the large 2.0 duimlcd fence, broad angle 2891mm (35mm equiv.) Len zen, and several originating indicates mdoes as programmed VE, opening and blindprioriteit, and macro, super macro and scene 4. E550 6.3 efficient megapixels characterise, are can beelden with kader-aan-kader a time of 1.0 Second, and blindvertraging of 0.05 seconden catch. Interestingly, E550 super uses system of CCD you (12 millions interpolated pixel gives), whereas E510 and E500 use 5.2 and 4.1 conventional systems CCD which, respectively. Camera's in august 2004 available will be.

I'm reading Engutch. Haha! Strange it gets translated one way, but not back, you could probably get some interesting 'secret messages' like thisSmile
(the above messages was put through the translator and came out fine)
Tongue hehe

Haha, here's English -> Portugese -> French -> German -> English

Feel like "taking pictures prisoner" anyone?

Quote:Fujifilm announced, at the F and the s series a new line of digital cameras to A except. The series was introduced by and with the 3 models, which were anvisiert in hobbyists the photo, the one adapted powerful and universal characteristic searches a close body. The cameras characterize large screens LCD of 2.0 accounts, loose angle 28-91mm (appropriate 35mm.) Lenses and several modalities, by programming this as AE, to priority of the l'ouverture and of l'obturateur and macro pulls supersupermacro and 4 modalities of the scene. L'E550 characterizes 6.3 effective of megapixel and is able to take pictures prisoner with a stay of frame à frame of 1.0 in and d'un l'obturateurverspaetung of 0.05 in. Interesting l'E550 uses the magnificent system of CCD hour (interpolated million of pixel give the 12), if l'E510 and E500 5.2 and/or. 4,1 uses classical systems CCD. The cameras will be available in August 2004.

Tath's tharer nunfy.

Cave canem

While we're on the topic of language (sort of) have you guys seen that article that's made the e-mail rounds a few times about how we can read jumbled words perfectly as long as the first and last letters are in the right place? I'll see if I can dig it up....

Well, here's the text, but I can't locate the article online...
Quote:Acocdrnig to an elgnsih unviesitry sutdy the oredr of letetrs in a word
dosen't mttaer, the olny thnig thta's iopmrantt is that the frsit and
lsat ltteer of eevry word is in the crrecot ptoision. The rset can be
jmbueld and one is stlil able to raed the txet wiohtut dclftfuiiy.

Sorry to completely hijack your thread, ST! Just to stay on-topic, I offer an English-->French-->English translation of the above text!

Quote:Acocdrnig with a sutdy unviesitry of elgnsih the oredr of the letetrs in a mttaer of dosen' T of word, the iopmrantt of the thta olny of thnig is that the ltteer of frsit and lsat of the word eevry is in the ptoision of crrecot. The rset can be jmbueld and one is stlil able with raed the wiohtut of txet dclftfuiiy.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

HAHA cailean Smile
Shuttertalk, maybe in addition to your "spellcheck" button, you should have a "translate" button Smile

lol at adam

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

rofl Big Grin yeah, random translation...

Check the translation of this page to Dutch and back!
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish...l&lp=nl_en

How, how random we are! Smile