Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trees and statues

Ermmm yeah I'm stuck on this one. Comments and critique welcome as per usual! Smile
[Image: CRW_9867.jpg]

i like the way it looks like the little buddah (is that what he is) looks like he is peaking from behind the tree

Cute, I like it. I think I would've prefered a little sky at the top too though and perhaps less of the bush on the right. cute concept though, and I like the man on the left side too, I think it balances the photo nicely

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

I'm with Schellamo on this one, lose about half the bush on the right and bring the Statue into the rule of thirds.

You would also of benefitted from stopping down the lens, the deph of field is very shallow and I feel a greater depth would of brought the second statue sharper.

Cute.. love the 'peeking buddha'. How about a crop both left and right? Hm....

Thanks for the comments. =) I wasn't sure what i was trying to do with this photo. Either getting that walking man or playing around with the trees and statues. Seems like I was trying to do too much in one photo. But then again as Schellamo said, it does look like it balances off the photo.

EnglishBob: mmm yeah i think i agree with the depth of field. I thought it would make the first statue stand out abit more. Seems like it compromised the picture altogether.

ST: I think thats a good idea! To me the photo does feel cluttered, maybe a crop will fix that. Also it will bring that first statue into the rule of thirds.

Here's a couple more from the same day.

[Image: CRW_9767e.jpg]

[Image: CRW_9761e.jpg]

Nice images Lak. I like the second of the series. Nice rich colour. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Very nice pictures Lak I back ST suggestion about the crop... I think the man walking is too much to the edge of the picture, and the tree in the right covers more than one third of your picture...

About the last two you posted... I like both... but my favorite is the second one... I think the line you draw with the people in the queue looks great!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hey Lak, the 2nd set is absolutely fabulous! It has loads of interest and the composition is great. I love the perspective of the first one especially!

Thanks for all the comments! Greatly appreciated!

Thanks Irma. I shall try to keep that in mind next time I have a similar opportunity! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Mar 31, 2019, 02:43