Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trickery and Fakery

This is what I came up with after manipulating the original (below). (not that this is a great photo but it is much better).

[Image: walkingbesideaSM.jpg]

the original

[Image: originalSM.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Hey well done! Cleaned it up quite a lot and the distracting middle bit is reduced! Smile

Thanks, Shuttertalk

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I like my trickery to be invisible sometimes.............

IstD

[Image: Screamin-fakery.jpg]

Cave canem

Nice "Bleak Midwinter" sort of picci, Don. I agree you cleaned it up nicely.

Polly

Rufus Wrote:I like my trickery to be invisible sometimes.............

IstD

That's a very classy picci. Perfect WB, excellent colours, also very true and accurate.

Well done, Ruf-Ruf :|

Polly

What is the trickery, Rufus?

Don,

The sky is a total fake, the reflections in the water are enhanced, the left side has had some water debris removed, and also some cable. The entire picture is tinted with red at the bottom, pale yellow in the middle and blue/green at the top. The sharpness is enhanced, (as always), and before all that, it was levelled and smoothed.

Cave canem

Sorry Pol.

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Sorry Pol.

Look at the smilie I left for you at the time - deadpan.

I didn't suss everything you'd done but I had suspected the sky had been faked because I'd never seen a blue telegraph wire and blue aerial ... until then.

Nice one though Wink

Pol (the occassional 'troll') Big Grin

Great work Ruf!

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Nice work Don, but I'm torn between the lighter, dirtier original vs. the cleaned, darkened touch up. In any event, both convey the dark, cold winter...brrrrrr.....Now I remember why I moved to Florida!

Ruf,

Excellent! Just a quick question, how much time did you spend in post processing and what did you use to clean it up?

Lars

** Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results **

Rolleyes

Me? What post processing?

Cave canem

I think we should change your name from Ruf to Aluf ..... (pardon the misspelling pun)

Adolf? :o

What y saying?

Cave canem

Adolf? There is no "d" in there noooooo, I said "Aluf"... as in "Aloof"... as in what? me? post process??

Its never as good when you have to explain the pun. lol