Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tripod

Iv been quite satisfied with my small Manfrotto 190pro. Its small and very lightweight, and has served me well over the years.

I never realized how small and tiny it is until today. Big Grin

Got my new Tripod today Manfrotto 058B/Bogen 3051. Its a monster and build quality is top notch, only penalty is weight....and a broken back..Big Grin

Its one fine tripod, i love QR of the legs, you press two buttons and all legs will release/lock at the same time.

Main reason for buying this tripod was for studio/indoor work, But i will also use it for my macro work outdoors (for shorter trips offcourse, no hikes lol)

I recently sold my 105/2,8 VR micro, its an amazing lens for sure but i didnt use it as much as i should. Tongue Instead iv ordered a Nikkor 85mm/2,8 PC for my product/food photography and the Zeiss 50mm/2 Makro Planar. Both of these lenses are manual focus, and the 85mm/2,8 PC (tilt/shift) will require a high end tripod.

Will have to put the tripod to the test on thursday (both lenses should arrive by then) I also ordered a Katz Eye focus screen for my D2X to help me with MF.(but it will probebly take a month to arrive :/)

Here is a snap of the tripod put the 190pro beside it for reference.
[Image: tr_1.jpg]

Mini impressions of the two lenses will be up shortly (i have two weeks off from work :-)

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

We have one of those chairs. How tall is that tripod fully extended?

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I have two of those tripods - they are really wonderful. Height extension with a head is well over 2.2 metres.

Canon stuff.

whoa. that's a big tripod. Mine's only about 1.5m

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Wow! That is a monsterous tripod!!!!

Yea its kind of big. Big Grin

Chris, do you take this on to wedding assigments ?

Whats your impression of it?

Thanx

/Paul L.

I use them for Studio stuff mainly and for on location video work where I want to get high up over the congregation at a wedding ceremony - even if they stand up to sing that puppy is still higher Big Grin

I love it except for the three small adjustable inner legs - they are a pain to line up all the same. Solid as a rock though. I once heard of someone using one to take a picture of a sunset with a point and shoot camera - talk about over kill!

Canon stuff.

Thanx Chris.

Yes iv noticed the inner legs can be a bit tricky.

P&S on this tripod ?! Big Grin

/Paul L.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Dec 17, 2012, 16:34