Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ummar!

I'm a really bad boy, I was banned from an Australian modeling site.

*whistles innocently*

Edit: I thought I best put a footnote on here saying that it had nothing to do with me being a model before one of you smarty bums suggests it Tongue

Hahah.... how did you manage that?? Smile

Make sure you include it on your resume... or maybe I'll put it in your interview? Tongue

I'm not a fan of egotistical, arrogant photographers who have been "a professional photographer for 29 years" yet turn out only ordinary shots who are sucked upto by the administrator because of who they are and also because I spoke my mind (gee would I do that?) about how pathetic the situation is there with models who do not respond to work e-mails and the number of minders (model managers) and those who pose as models on the site who will only reply to e-mails when there is serious financial gain in it for themselves ie the models are contacted for work and the minder can find some way to make money himself. I uncovered quite a few of these and posted opinions of them plus another site which I won't post a link to run by one of said photographers who work with models without model releases (contracts) and is posting them on an amateur aussie erotica site. Not to mention that one of the girls is under 18 :/

Some people would rather pull the wool over their eyes because of said peoples success and hoping it will rub off on them.

StudioJ Wrote:I'm not a fan of egotistical, arrogant photographers who have been "a professional photographer for 29 years" yet turn out only ordinary shots who are sucked upto by the administrator because of who they are and also because I spoke my mind (gee would I do that?) about how pathetic the situation is there with models who do not respond to work e-mails and the number of minders (model managers) and those who pose as models on the site who will only reply to e-mails when there is serious financial gain in it for themselves ie the models are contacted for work and the minder can find some way to make money himself.

Jeez that was a long sentence!
Big Grin

Now listen here!

I've been a professional Terrier for 70 years, and I aint takin' no lip from a doll collectin' whipp'r' snapper like you!

[Image: away%20with%20yee.jpg]

Cave canem

The longest sentance ever...
so... they banned you from their website?

btw Rufus, I like the new avatar and picture Wink haha

Big Grin

Cave canem

StudioJ Wrote:I'm not a fan of egotistical, arrogant photographers who have been "a professional photographer for 29 years" yet turn out only ordinary shots who are sucked upto by the administrator because of who they are and also because I spoke my mind (gee would I do that?) about how pathetic the situation is there with models who do not respond to work e-mails and the number of minders (model managers) and those who pose as models on the site who will only reply to e-mails when there is serious financial gain in it for themselves ie the models are contacted for work and the minder can find some way to make money himself. I uncovered quite a few of these and posted opinions of them plus another site which I won't post a link to run by one of said photographers who work with models without model releases (contracts) and is posting them on an amateur aussie erotica site. Not to mention that one of the girls is under 18 :/

Some people would rather pull the wool over their eyes because of said peoples success and hoping it will rub off on them.

[Image: popcorn.gif]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Why are you eating popcorn?

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Why are you eating popcorn?

I'm being entertained.

My flickr images

* :o Takes a deep breath*

Well, not to generalise and say everyone in the modelling industry is this shallow, but should we really be surprised when the industry is about vanity and attention-seeking? Rolleyes

Not having a go at you StudioJ. Just an observation on my part. Smile

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Ok ok ok so it was a long sentence, I tend to do that when I'm ranting as my brain goes into overdrive.

Nice emoticon Colin Smile

Hey Axey, you have no idea what the modeling industry is like, maybe 1 in 20 of them can actually string a sentence together (not beauties like mine though!)

Unlike most women when you praise their looks and ability they don't turn to mush and go all coy they thrive on it.

StudioJ Wrote:Hey Axey, you have no idea what the modeling industry is like, maybe 1 in 20 of them can actually string a sentence together (not beauties like mine though!)

Must be where all the dumb blonde jokes originated from? :/ (I'm not implying that anyone here is a dumb blonde, though!)

If I had any hair I'd be a blonde Smile

Interesting read, J... Smile

Good to get an insight into the world of modelling and photography anyway Smile

Did you shave your head?

I'm shaved down to a number two all the time coz I have been balding since I was 18. I now have a rather scruffy beard which I've been growing for a month though.

Woohoo I'm doing a fashion parade on Friday night and here I was thinking I'd get a Friday night off for a change, its a charity thing though but its for a good cause.

StudioJ Wrote:I'm shaved down to a number two all the time coz I have been balding since I was 18. I now have a rather scruffy beard which I've been growing for a month though.

Woohoo I'm doing a fashion parade on Friday night and here I was thinking I'd get a Friday night off for a change, its a charity thing though but its for a good cause.
Would that heppen to be breast cancer?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

I think it is the Fremantle Primary School but don't quote me on that, I don't know about that side of things, I was just asked to do it.

That is no good cause, lol, just kidding, if you just get out and do some work for free it is advertising for you, just make sure you wear a shirt with StudioJ written on it with you contact details on it =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

And don't forget the shameless "www.shuttertalk.com" plug of course... Big Grin

To get back on topic: Every one wants to be a photographer at the model expos because they think they ge exclusive access to the hottest girls in the country, so I wouldn't be supprised if you saw some "Profesional Photographers" using Canon PowerShot and Sopny Cybershot cameras, not that there is anytihng wrong with those cameras =P

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

StudioJ Wrote:Nice emoticon Colin Smile
Ya. Pretty cool ay. I like it better than the dancing banana.

Maybe shutter could add a few more emoticons to the bunch?

My flickr images

What dancing banana?

[Image: 45860.gif]

Ok so I can't post a gif file in here Sad