Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unclutter your desk!

For those DIY fans out there, there's this great idea of uncluttering your desk of peripherals and gadgets, by mounting everything under the desk using MDF pegboard.

http://kooki.ca/van/
[via furl]

Pretty smart - I often get frustrated by the amount of junk which appears on my desk, and have to do frequent tidy ups when it all gets too much. The thing that frustrates me the most above all else is cables - I can't stand all the snakes going everywhere, especially when they all get twisted tangled up with each other. Ooops, bettery stop ranting now. Big Grin

Brilliant!

I want a desk. This makes me jealous.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Great design - I think I would keep running into all those things under the desk though.

Canon stuff.

That's actually a pretty cool idea. My desk has a LCD monitor, keyboard, mouse, 2 laptops, 2 printers, a scanner, a PDA, speakers, a light table, 2 telephones, router, DSL modem, and other assorted junk on it, and while I can't see putting much of that stuff under the desk, you can imagine what the space *under* the desk looks like for wires and power adapters... This is a pretty concept idea for me.

This guy is just another brilliantly inventive Canadian from Vancouver... Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

matthew Wrote:Brilliant!

I want a desk. This makes me jealous.
Lol... that was gold Smile

I can't see my desk or the stuff on it as it is all buried under months of paperwork!

If you can manage something like the above (diy skills) then you could make a sliding shelf to go under the desktop with all the wiry bits and plugs on top, rather than hanging down.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

That would be great to have. My desk would be too much of a problem to configure something like that. Then again I could do something that attached to the wall behind my desk. :/ Thanks for the tip Julian. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

NT73 Wrote:If you can manage something like the above (diy skills) then you could make a sliding shelf to go under the desktop with all the wiry bits and plugs on top, rather than hanging down.
That would really increase the price and decrease the leg room, and for not much benefit seeing as how I don't change devices often. If you are prone to constantly swapping changing deviecs then it would be worth it.

Van

vmardian Wrote:
NT73 Wrote:If you can manage something like the above (diy skills) then you could make a sliding shelf to go under the desktop with all the wiry bits and plugs on top, rather than hanging down.
That would really increase the price and decrease the leg room, and for not much benefit seeing as how I don't change devices often. If you are prone to constantly swapping changing deviecs then it would be worth it.

Van
12 mm MDF is probably as cheap as pegboard and then all you need is 2 pieces of 25mm x 15mm x however deep your desk is, and fastened to the legs back and front, at each side.

As for vertically at the back, two large key rings in the peg board and two cup hooks, would make it easily removeable.

I have two mains plug transformers for printer and scanner which get quite warm when left on so I have to go under the desk to remove /plug in.
Horses for courses I suppose.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Would never work for me, i got kids.. Big Grin

But quite clever nevertheless.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...