Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Uploading photos

Clicked on upload to add a sample image to the gallery, and it has been just spinning and loading for 15 minutes, with no outcome. Amy ideas? it's frustrating, to say the least. This is with a good speed Internet connection, and no issues.
Regards, Pete.

(Jul 28, 2015, 13:35)beetleypete Wrote:  Clicked on upload to add a sample image to the gallery, and it has been just spinning and loading for 15 minutes, with no outcome. Amy ideas? it's frustrating, to say the least. This is with a good speed Internet connection, and no issues.
Regards, Pete.

Hi Pete, it could be you are trying to upload a photo too big. I resize mine to 900 pixels on the longer side and this works fine. Hope this helps.

Regards Jane

(Jul 28, 2015, 13:35)beetleypete Wrote:  Clicked on upload to add a sample image to the gallery, and it has been just spinning and loading for 15 minutes, with no outcome. Amy ideas? it's frustrating, to say the least. This is with a good speed Internet connection, and no issues.
Regards, Pete.

This has been brought to the admin's attention. I will let him know more members are having the same issue. A few other members are having the same issue even with a small size photo which should post to the forums.

Thank you!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Jul 28, 2015, 16:07)snaphappy Wrote:  
Regards, Pete.

Hi Pete, it could be you are trying to upload a photo too big. I resize mine to 900 pixels on the longer side and this works fine. Hope this helps.

Regards Jane

Hi Jane,

That is the problem it seems, the files are too large.
Many thanks for your advice, I will have to experiment with sizing.
Regards, Pete.

Make sure under 1Mb, size. Ed.

To each his own!

(Jul 29, 2015, 06:22)EdMak Wrote:  Make sure under 1Mb, size. Ed.

Thanks Ed, sizing is definitely the issue.
Regards, Pete.

[/quote]

Hi Jane,

That is the problem it seems, the files are too large.
Many thanks for your advice, I will have to experiment with sizing.
Regards, Pete.
[/quote]

The size needs to be less than 1024 kilobytes, just in case you need to know.

Thank you,
Barbara

Okay, here is some new information for uploading photos on the site:

DPI limit is 72
Size limit is approx. 800x1120

If using photoshop, you can resize and also save the photo on the computer "for the web."

Thanks for your patience!

It will not be DPI causing problems Barbara, that is Dots per Inch and is only used by printers. I haven't had any trouble uploading and my images are nearly always 300 DPI.

The dimensions and File size are the culprits.

Okay, thank you EnglishBob. I was just conveying the information from the admin on this.

I am not sure if there are restrictions on the site for uploading on dpi as well as size within the software settings. As, this is not my area of expertise.

Here is one article I found on some software has the option, but not sure about on this site:

Restricting DPI Settings On Site

That applies to the FLUIDreview site software, unless things have changed since I had admin access under Julian, this site does not use it. The only restrictions previously was a KB limit, which as a side effect does give a maximum dimension that will fit.

EnglishBob, thank you for the insights. It is greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if the admin has added any other restrictions on the uploads. The link provided was just an example that some sites can have restrictions placed on dpi. Not sure on this one, though.

http://www.voralent.com/products/antelope/

Worth a look? Ed.

To each his own!

(Aug 7, 2015, 09:05)EdMak Wrote:  http://www.voralent.com/products/antelope/

Worth a look? Ed.

Ed,

Have you used this program? Looks of interest.

Some time ago, now use Photoshop. Regards. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post