Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Use of selective colour technique

The recent posting by Plantsman of a British Farthing reminded me of my own personal favourite from the pre-decimal era - the threepenny bit.

I've also just learnt how to do a selective colour treatment in Lightroom, which I'm sure will be frowned upon by many!

Cheers, Rob.

Attached Files Image(s)

Rob, you seem to have acquired the technique, but actually I prefer the first, displaying the colours of the pound note as the background to the coin.

Cheers.
Philip

I remember it well. A chunky little coin and probably a favourite of many. I thought I had some but looking in my bits and pieces oxo tin not one to be found Sad

Photography is a never-ending journey

(Dec 21, 2014, 12:47)RobS Wrote:  The recent posting by Plantsman of a British Farthing reminded me of my own personal favourite from the pre-decimal era - the threepenny bit.

I've also just learnt how to do a selective colour treatment in Lightroom, which I'm sure will be frowned upon by many!

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

As you say it's a personal preference type thing. However, there is no argument that you have done a superb job on the image of the 1967 threepenny bit.

1967 was as I recall, a wonderful year to be a teenager. Smile

Regards.

Phil.

Hi Rob,

As you say it's a personal preference type thing. However, there is no argument that you have done a superb job on the image of the 1967 threepenny bit.

1967 was as I recall, a wonderful year to be a teenager. Smile

Regards.

Phil.
[/quote]

Thank you Phil. You know what they say though - if you can remember the 60s, you weren't really there. You may, however, recall that Sandie Shaw won the Eurovision song contest that year!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 1, 2017, 11:33
Last Post by EnglishBob
Nov 8, 2016, 15:09
Last Post by Browser Mike
Apr 2, 2016, 00:04