Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Valley Snow

Taken first day out with the 50D, shot in color and converted.

[Image: Winter%20Snow%20-%20Monochrome.jpg]

Hi, Craig!

I think this is an excellent image taken with your new camera. What a great location to try out some new equipment. The snow on the ground and the ice on the tree branches were rendered very well with a perfect exposure. Capturing snow and ice in a natural manner can be a challenge. Coming from the Great White North I can appreciate your effort. The low angle of the light produced very pleasing shadows and revealed welcome texture in the snow in the foreground. There do not seem to be any areas of snow that are burned out, although that is not always a bad thing with some snow scenes. Very nice work here. It would be interesting to see the colour version.

Regards......Dennis

[Image: Yosemite%20039%20-%20worked%20for%20posting.jpg]

Hi, again Craig! I like this colour version just as well.. maybe a wee bit better. The shadows and the rocks have a very natural blue tinge, perhaps reflected from the clear sky, that emphasizes the coldness (and beauty) of this winter scene. I think that the ice covered tree branches stand out even bettter in this image, and I believe that the bridge in the background is more noticable here.

Regards.....Dennis

Hey Craig, nice shot! What beautiful scenery - gorgeous mountains in the backdrop and frosted trees. I think I like the colour version better too - only because it's pretty monochromatic to begin with.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 1, 2019, 21:52
Last Post by Phil J
Jun 29, 2015, 07:47