Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Waiting for the rain to stop....

First time out with the Sigma 150-600 Sport...

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600 Sport, F/6.3, 1/500s, ISO 640, 548mm, hand held.

[Image: 46611613635_053ccb9e4d_b.jpg]
Snow Geese in the Rain by Craig Hadfield, on Flickr

Edit, Fixed the link.

Happy New Year, Craig.

The photo indicates the poor conditions effectively!  Nevertheless, you have controlled everything well to capture the colour, detail and texture in the geese, with the added bonus of some raindrops bouncing on the water.  It seems rather tightly framed on the left hand side but I like the space on the right.  As the bird on the left is turned towards the left, perhaps there should be a bit more space for it to look into (about double the amount that is already there on the left).

Cheers.

Philip

You're not wrong, I did cramp the left side too much, unfortunately, this shot is uncropped, so not a lot I could do other than crop some from the right and top to even things up a bit. Thanks for the feed back Smile

(Jan 6, 2019, 19:02)EnglishBob Wrote:  ..... unfortunately, this shot is uncropped, so not a lot I could do other than crop some from the right and top to even things up a bit.....
It can be fairly easy with an image like this, Craig.  First increase the size of the canvas, e.g. by pasting the image onto a wider rectangle to give some empty space on the left, then copy and paste (or clone) random parts of the water into the space.  Some photo software, e.g. Elements, Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, makes this even easier to do with tools called "Canvas Size" and "Content-aware Fill".

Philip

[attachment=7351]

Looks good to me. Lovely and sharp!

(Jan 7, 2019, 06:14)MrB Wrote:  
(Jan 6, 2019, 19:02)EnglishBob Wrote:  ..... unfortunately, this shot is uncropped, so not a lot I could do other than crop some from the right and top to even things up a bit.....
It can be fairly easy with an image like this, Craig.  First increase the size of the canvas, e.g. by pasting the image onto a wider rectangle to give some empty space on the left, then copy and paste (or clone) random parts of the water into the space.  Some photo software, e.g. Elements, Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, makes this even easier to do with tools called "Canvas Size" and "Content-aware Fill".

Philip

I can't see the first image... but in here, I can see... They are so lovely, I wouldn't make any crop... I loved it. Thank you, Love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kNox
Feb 28, 2015, 01:42