Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WatchIt: A File System Watcher

With great pleasure do I proudly present my own little helper program: WatchIt.

I use it to resize my pictures to different sizes, so I have to "Save For Web" only once and the program generates 5 different sizes for me in the background. WatchIt uses command lines to act upon changes to the file system, the actual resizing is done with IrfanView, which is free and really not bad.

If you are interested, here you can read more and download the proggie. It's free, of course. And it comes without any warranty or responsibility from me. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

So what you are saying that after processing it allows for you to save your images to 5 different sizes for you to use them in different applications?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Yep. With one "Save for web" I get: Original size, 2048, 1024, 800, and 640.

I admit that I'm posting pictures to more than one forum, and they all have different rules as to what size is acceptable for them. Smile

Of course, Shuttertalk is my favorite. Tongue

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

guerito Wrote:Yep. With one "Save for web" I get: Original size, 2048, 1024, 800, and 640.

I admit that I'm posting pictures to more than one forum, and they all have different rules as to what size is acceptable for them. Smile

Of course, Shuttertalk is my favorite. Tongue

Ni biggy. I do the same thing. I also do much "save for web" at a size of 640x427 and keep the file size to no more than 120kbs. I used to keep it to no more than 150kbs then I'd find I was always having to go back and reduce the size again. Now I'm finding some forums only allow 100kbs. That's when I just end up linking to the already posted images.

I like what you've done. Even if I haven't tried it yet but it's something that would come in very handy for me.

Well done G. I never knew you did this sort of thing. Wink

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Well done G! Super stuff! Very good of you to share this gem with others! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 19, 2016, 07:59