Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Waterproof coating

I came across this site that coats electronics devices in a waterproof coating - looks pretty good! I would imagine that it would probably work better for devices that aren't opened and closed on a regular basis (i.e. ipod vs SLRs) but I wonder if waterproofing your camera is possible?

Check out the video here:
http://gcaptain.com/maritime/blog/gcapta...uch-video/

Quote:Golden Shellback coating has an excellent ability to repel oils, synthetic fluids, hazardous materials, dust, dirt and water based solutions. Low surface tension values, such as water and oils will bead and drain freely from coated surfaces. The process produces a uniform, continuous, near hermetic coating that resists rain and humidity. Electronics casually exposed to water continue to work even after exposure. The coating is readily applied and not generally considered to be removable. Repairs are made using abrasive methods.

shuttertalk Wrote:... I wonder if waterproofing your camera is possible?
[Image: 350110204_HT4jJ-L.jpg]

Wink

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I thought of that one straight away. Big Grin
You would think that the seal would be broken where contact is made. Media cards, usb leads,etc.
I mean what is the point of a gold plated lead, if you are going to coat it with something else?
On the face of it it looks great, but I will not hold my breath. If anyone here wishes to test it out on a High end Nikon or Canon, be my guest Big Grin I will watch with great interest.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post