Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Waterproof watch ?

My 2 year old son Zack decided to test if my watch was waterproof today. Smile

So he tossed it in the toilet... Rolleyes

Fortuneatly for me it was, and even more important the toilet was unused and he didnt flush. (well to be honest i didnt pick it up, the wife did Tongue )

So i had to clean it in the sink.

since im a sucker for waterplay, i had to take some photos. Cool (really who hasent taken photo of waterdroplets ?, i mean its mandatory if u have a digicam Big Grin )

[Image: watch3_s.jpg]
Large version

[Image: watch2_s.jpg]
Large version

/P.L

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Very cool photos! Every dark cloud has a silver lining, eh?

I am really impressed by your D2X - wish I could afford one.

True Rob, always look at bright side of life Big Grin

Yea im very pleased with it.

I moved up from a D70, so i knew i was in for quite a steep learning curve.
Everything from learning the controls on the camera, to hands on shooting. then to adapt to a new workflow with the D2x raw files.

At first i was kind of frustrated (didnt really help that i had some focus issues with it)But even after i got it fixed i felt that most my shot was soft or oof. Solved it by using faster shutter speeds and using a monopod/tripod.... Rolleyes Ignored the fact that the d2x weight alot more then the D70, adding the 70-200 vr doesnt make it lighter (wich i got the same time as the D2x)

Its a totally diffrent beast, but im getting there.. one step at the time.

Thnx for looking.

/P.L

excellent shots Paul, I'd say you have your focus issues well under control!

Great work. Marvellous. Smile

Cave canem

Nice images Paul. You sure have an eye. The water goes well with gold. Then again, my wrist would look good with gold as well. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thnx guys for looking.

Colin:
Sadly its not 24k gold :/ (its actually not gold at all, the gold effect is done in cs)

I remember one of my first photos taken with a digital was a shot with my engagement/wedding rings with water splashing on it.

Its from a Sony F-717 (one of my first digitals.) onboard flash and camera set to "macro"

[Image: ring_s.jpg]
Large version

That however is real gold. Big Grin (it better be costed me a fortune lol)

/P.L

That is also a great shot. I like how you have gotten away from the normal water shot and put some more element to the photo. Well done Paul.

My flickr images

Paul - most refreshinginly original - I love to see people pushing the envelope - please keep posting your experiments

Very nice pictures Paul Smile

Quote:(really who hasent taken photo of waterdroplets ?, i mean its mandatory if u have a digicam )

I know what you mean... Taking these sort of pictures is very interesting... The other day I was reading about Dr. Harold Edgerton and his famous photos... I thought I "had" to try Smile .... I went to the kitchen and I took a lot of pictures in the sink... Yes... I got one or two not so bad... the problem was that I got as a background the kitchen cloths and it looks ungly... I should have tried closer....

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thnx guys.

Irma iv done my fair share of shooting in the kitchen sink aswell, as you said the background are a bit distracting. Bathroom seems to work a little better though.

Thnx for the link very interesting.

/P.L

Very nice photographs!!!

Beautiful shots, these! I will have to play with water too... Big Grin

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Thnx guys.

Maybe next assigment should involve some waterplay !? Smile

/P.L

Awesome shots Paul! I love them all, especially the one with the ring. I must admit, I haven't done any stuff with water yet - hm....

Thnx Julian.

Well as i said its mandatory, so get on with it son! Big Grin

/P.L

Awesome, these look totally cool!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thnx Michelle.

Thanx for looking.

/P.L

Paul,

Those are simply great! I suppose its time I ditched my d70 and moved to the D2X. Great selling photos.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Thnx Jerry.

Yea the D2x aint to shabby. Wink

Then again for this kind of stuff the D70 isnt to bad either, since it has a 1/500 sec true sync flash. The D2x has only 1/250 sync flash. Thats due to the fact the D2x has a cmos sensor and the D70 have a ccd sensor.

Thnx for looking.

/P.L

The D2X is amost $6000 Canadian. That is what stops me. We all know it is the photographer and not the equipment, right?

I would love to own the D2X.. but I am currently trying to rationaliz ethe D70s that is $1150 Cdn. Will my photos be 4x as good with the D2X?

I am not dirting the D2X - I would if I could, but... is it worth the extra money if you are on a budget?

Totally agree Rob.

If you are on budget the D2x shouldnt even be in the equation.

A D70s with some sb800's and some quality glass will do a great job.

Also if your not in a hurry the D100 replacement will probebly be awesome aswell. (i will buy one to have as a second body)

/P.L

Toad Wrote:The D2X is amost $6000 Canadian. That is what stops me. We all know it is the photographer and not the equipment, right?

I would love to own the D2X.. but I am currently trying to rationaliz ethe D70s that is $1150 Cdn. Will my photos be 4x as good with the D2X?

I am not dirting the D2X - I would if I could, but... is it worth the extra money if you are on a budget?

jericho Wrote:Paul,

Those are simply great! I suppose its time I ditched my d70 and moved to the D2X. Great selling photos.

There you go Toad. Get Jerry to upgrade and you buy his D70. Big Grin

My flickr images

LOL Colin you matchmaker...

What do you use now Rob ? (if u dont mind me asking that is)

/P.L

I use a Nikon F100 (film) camera and I have some good Nikon glass and a SB800 - thus any new DSLR will be a Nikon.

For digital, I use A Konica-Minolta A2 - a decent prosumer, but I want to use my Nikon glass for digital as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by squirl033
Mar 11, 2012, 18:01