Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

We called it a day..

Hi guys/gals

Met up with some old friends today, we planned to take some informal shots, but the weather wasnt on our side. So we decided to just hang out and get something to eat.

We have scheduled a real studio session and some more serious location work. They are good sports helping me building my portfolio.

Anyway here are some shots we got before we called it a day. Smile

Martin

[Image: MC_1_bw.jpg]

[Image: MC_2_bw.jpg]

Moises

[Image: MI_1_bw.jpg]

[Image: MI_2_bw.jpg]

No lighting aid today, natural light with the 85mm/1,4 +D2x.

C&C welcome as always.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Great stuff.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Looks like difficult conditions Martin but the results are awesome. You have very photogenic friends!
No 1 is a real standout - perfectly exposed to show the falling snow and the snow on the tips of his hair.
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Thanx Guys! The weather wasnt ideal at all, dark cloudy sky and snowing like mad at times. Big Grin

Here is a color version of the first shot of Martin (i think i like it better in color acutally)

[Image: MC_1_color.jpg]

Thanx for looking.

/Paul L.

Love the first shot, your work is just amazing- all the elements are spot on!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

g'day Paul, hey great work as always mate!! really like your pp, very consistent. I do agree I think the colour version of Martin is best.

cheers

The first B&W photo of Martin is extraordinarily good.

Thanx guys!

Glad you liked them. Martin (first guy) has a very unique and interesting look (to me at least) and seems to enjoy it aswell.

Really looking forward to get some more shots of hem.

Thanx for looking.

/Paul L.

Paul.... these are really beautiful pictures... not only because of the models... Wink

Paul.R.Lindqvist Wrote:.....Martin (first guy) has a very unique and interesting look (to me at least) .....
To me too Big Grin

Martin has lovely eyes... and my favorite is #2... Great picture and model...

Moises... He has lovely smile... and it is difficult to pick a fav because I like both... but I think the second one is my fav because his picture makes me smile... there is a reaction and I love this with pictures...

Very nice B&W conversion as well Paul...

Look forward to see more pictures of your friends... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanx Irma.

Il make sure ill post some more of them when i gotten some more time with them.

/Paul L.

Nice shots again Paul! Well done Smile

Thanx Adam.

We had alot of fun, even though we had to re-schedule.

/Paul L.

These are are just what I have come to expect from you Paul - perfect.

Well done and I wish you all the best in your future career in putting other Photographers out of work Big Grin

Canon stuff.

Thanx Chris, much to kind.

As it happens, this friday i just registered my company name and applied for a "tax bill" (dont know the term in english, its the form you fill in so that you can do business without getting the irs on your back.)
And my website is soon to be online. Big Grin

Thanx for the kind words.

/Paul L.

Sounds great Paul - just don't move to Perth, Australia Smile

Canon stuff.

Paul every time i see these i just run out of words that arent already said . I will say this i wish i could get these kind of shots . Your portraits give me great insperation. Thanks for sharring these and please keep them coming .

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanx Shawn glad you liked them.

I was kind of dissapointed at first since we planned alot more, but was happy that there was a few that came out alright.

More importantly the models where very pleased (their wifes as well lol) so we have booked a real studio session in two weeks. Luckily i dont have to use my make shift studio this time, One of the guys (not part of this shoot) is a Computer tech at a school, where we will have the session. Will be nice to have no height or space limits.

Thanx for looking.

/Paul L.

Vogue Magazine shots Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Very classy photography, setting and presentation, Paul! I love #1 - very good work! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
May 6, 2012, 14:15