Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Audio books

Does anyone here listen to them? I just bought a new MP3 player (Creative TX FM 512 mgb) and got 2 free audio books for free with a subscription that I can cancel at any time. http://www.audible.com/ I chose "Chicken Soup For The Dog And Cat Lovers Soul."

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

All the time!

I use them in the car as well when we go on long trips. You would be amazed how fast an 8 hour trip goes by with an audio book. Fiction are best for trips.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

You can also download audio books the same way people download music. Just do a search for .. well, you guessed it... audio book.

I tried a couple from audible.com, but I don't spend long enough in a car on a regular basis to finish books... Smile

I prefer ebooks...

Weird thing too, I was just about to post an update about www.Audiobooks-Superstore.com who is affiliated with http://www.audible.com/ and their advertisement is right there on the right side of the page. Big Grin Anyway, if you go through those guys you get 3 free instead of 2.

My flickr images

I tried and it said it was available to americans only. ?? Am i missing something?

jericho Wrote:I tried and it said it was available to americans only. ?? Am i missing something?

Hmmm, maybe the 3 freebies but not the 2. I've already downloaded 1 file. I e-mailed and mentioned the fact that 3 freebies were available from another source so they gave me a $10.00 credit.

My flickr images

I have a few Audio books... mostly sales training stuff I use in the car on long solo trips. It's amazing what you can listen to during a 450 mile trip to deliver a car!

I saw this audible advertisig the otherday so i went to signup then they ask me for acredit card number I just closed the browser because I dont have a credit card, if they offered a free trail without a credit card I wouldn't mind checking out the audio books, does anyone actually subscribe to any service like this?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

dewy Wrote:I saw this audible advertisig the otherday so i went to signup then they ask me for acredit card number I just closed the browser because I dont have a credit card, if they offered a free trail without a credit card I wouldn't mind checking out the audio books, does anyone actually subscribe to any service like this?

I'm not subbed to any internet d/l sites but I do buy secondhand audio books from amazon.co.uk for very low prices.

I pass them on to my mother-in-law so mp3 would be no use for her. I buy CDs and audio cassettes instead and she sometimes shares them with other old people. She'd send them back to me to resell on amazon marketplace if I wished - but I can't be bothered with the hassle.

Pol

Dewy, that was a pity they ask you for your credit card....

As material to study English they are great! I downloaded one from this site... They aren't many, but they are free... The other day I found audiobooksforfree.com I haven't downloaded any but they have a lot, and they say they are for free...

I like to visit this site . They have short stories and they are nice Smile The thing is that I don't know if you could download the stories from this site...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma: Thanks for posting those links, I am checking them out now.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

dewy Wrote:I saw this audible advertisig the otherday so i went to signup then they ask me for acredit card number I just closed the browser because I dont have a credit card, if they offered a free trail without a credit card I wouldn't mind checking out the audio books, does anyone actually subscribe to any service like this?

I do. However, it gives the option to cancell right away. Just like I will as soon as I get what I want.

My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:

I do. However, it gives the option to cancell right away. Just like I will as soon as I get what I want.

there was a string of audio book ads showing on the right as I read this thread. One source I already use but this one might be good for anyone wanting to listen online - and it's free as far as I can tell. Gotta rush off now but see what you think, sound quite good to me.

http://www.audiobookradio.net/

Pol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 30, 2011, 08:31
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 2, 2011, 21:27
Last Post by matthew
Aug 30, 2008, 20:04