Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Web presence for a print magazine

I am a small publisher of a business magazine and interested in having a strong online presence where I can attract fresh audience to my print publication.

I know there are lots of self-publishing solutions out there in the market and need to find out the right solution that will help me enhance my current presence. Probably a service which includes creating a great website with current theme of my magazine and also drive traffic from other online sources like search engines etc

That's it so far! I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions later on, but this forum is so helpful, I'm sure I'll find my answers.
Thank you

I think that the key to having a good web presence is to have diverse and unique content. Diversity helps with attracting a broader audience, especially for those who will find you with a search engine, and is possible even within the confines of a particular theme or subject area. For example, I started a reviews blog (www.thewsreviews.blogspot.com) and about 90-95% of my traffic is coming from Google and Google Images searches. It's been quite successful in a very short time, as well: it's only really been 'open' since June, and for November it passed 2,000 page views / month for the first time.

The need for unique content also can't be overstated. If your readers find out that you're just copying and pasting from somewhere else they'll likely feel like they've been treated like idiots or 'scammed', and your credibility is easy to lose and very hard to regain. And you may be surprised at how easy it is to catch this kind of dishonesty. For example, you've posted this exact same message on the following forums:

unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=141781
websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11025
webmaster-talk.com/internet-marketing-and-advertising-forum/162031-web-presence-for-a-print-magazine.html
affiliateseeking.com/forums/computer-and-software-help/1409-web-presence-for-a-print-magazine.html
techimo.com/forum/graphic-design-digital-photography/220215-web-presence-print-magazine.html

So now that I know you're into copying and pasting without regard for the actual forum(s) you visit, if I do see a link to your site, I'll just delete it as spam.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Sep 16, 2010, 04:30