Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where do you dream of going?

Julian's trip got me thinking and I thought I would share my thoughts.

From a young teen I always wanted to visit California and the west of the US. I think this was mainly because I grew up on a steady diet of Western movies and books, and it all sounded so beautiful.

Well I did visit there once I hit 29, and ended up coming back to live here after marrying an American. There are still parts of the US I really want to see, mainly Monument Valley in Utah and the southern states. Previously I had wanted very badly to see the Grand Canyon, and I did that last year.

The only other place I really want to visit is Australia, I have family there and really want to take a long trip out there.

Where do you most want to visit or photograph, and why?

There are two places that I want to go:

New York City. It's really not that far from me, but somehow I've never found a reason to go. My travel schedule is pretty full for this year, so I probably won't make it for a while. Maybe next year...

Northern Ontario. This one's booked for the beginning of July; I'll be traveling with my girlfriend to see where she's from, and get to see more of my own province. I'll also be taking a train excursion that my mother had been planning for before she passed away, so it should be a good way to close one chapter of my life and open the next one.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Australia beautiful one day, perfect the next.

You could certainly spend amny years travelling and photographing Australia.

It is a vast and amazing place.

Pete

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

This is a great topic .

I havent said anything about it yet mainly because i want sure that i would make it, but this July i am going to Costa Rico ! I will only be there for a few days but i will be going to a few different places like the rain forest , and some other touristy places .

I grew up on Clearwater Beach Florida so the water doesnt get me too excited , so i guess i have always wanted to go to Germany , and Ireland. I really cant tell an exact reason they have always appealed to me . And another is Australia , its another place that has excited me too. I have also wanted to go to Louisiana , but into the swamps , i love the moss ( we dont have moss here ) ..

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

At the moment, more than places to visit, it is some kind of pictures to take. I would love to go somewhere with great landscapes and waterfalls and take lots of long exposure pictures.

Hopefully I'll be able to do it in my next trip to Mexico.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post