Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Website finally online

Big Grin

P.Lindqvist Photography

Site is in swedish, but any critique or advice regarding improving it would be much apprecitaed.

Portfolio isnt full yet, im still selecting/uploading.

Website is done in rapidweaver and photoshop cs.

Menu translation Smile

Home
About P.Lindqvist Photography
Portfolio
Services
Contact

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Very tasteful and professional. Well done Paul!

Wonderfully done... the design is clean, minimalistic and professional looking.

I just tested the contact form - not sure if you can do this, but after submitting, you should take them to a thank you page, instead of back to the same empty form. Just gives a bit of confidence that the email was sent.

Also, I know you said the portfolio is still in progress - it would be good if you could show pieces of work that match your services - i.e. some product photography, etc. Big Grin

Thanx Jules and Rob, your input is much appreciated.

When you press send, it actually says thank you, your message has been sent at the top of the page. Still a clean page with the message would be better. Not sure if i can do that though lol.

Yes the portfolio is actually mirroring my flickr account (im uploading a portfolio set)

So it will have 4 diffrent set of images. Portraits, product, food, and macro.

Still selecting/uploading though.

:-)

Thanx for having a look.

Sounds like you are well on your way then!

Just one more thing - depends on how comfortable you are with it - do you think a tasteful / classy photo of yourself would help? I think it would make it more personable and bridge the gap between the photographer and viewer. Just a suggestion... Big Grin

Its an idea, but im not sure if im very tasteful nor classy. Big Grin Will have to browse the archives, and see if ill find something useful. :-)

I wanted to stay away from the half face/half camera image, so classy and tasteful might work. Smile

Thanx for the input, much appreciated.

/Paul L.

Looks very slick, I liked your mirror effect buttons.

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

I am very impressed Paul - great site and your images all look fantastic.

Canon stuff.

very very nice, great layout, and good presentation of you pics. Looks like you put a lot of thought and work into it.

Uli

Thanx everyone, for the kind words and input.

Iv been struggeling for a quite a while regarding setting up a website for my business. I bought a flash template almost a year ago. Its very nice and i really liket it. But to edit it is such a PIA, the library is all messed up and nothing is labeled with logic. So its been my mountain...Smile

Friends and realtives has been nagging with me with it "so when is your website online" so i thoughy i might just make a temporary site in iweb or rapidweaver. (template based web creation software)

After messing about in rapid weaver for a few hours i was really impressed by how easy and yet powerful it was.

So for anyone having mac, i REALLY recommend you trying this out if your in the business of making a website. Surely this software is probebly to simple for those who can xhtml,css,php and any other language out there lol. But for me who last read up on html was in highschool this is perfect.

You can actually create php forms and dynamic php pages without any knowledge regarding php whatsoever. (contact form on my webpage is php, same for my portfolio pages)

In the end im quite pleased with the result, given i made it in a day.I took two images specific for the website services and Contact (see the english version)
(a few changes, thanx to input from some here)

Since my portfolio pages is dynamic, it just reads off my flickr account ( Iv made sets) so everything i do on my flickr account is mirrored on my portfolio. So updating the portfolio is a breeze. As of now the portfolio sets arent finale, in the few coming days its will be updated and edited.

Just my little story. Smile

Iv put up a Enlgish version (keep in mind its direct translated and isnt really meant to cater the english based crowd as of yet lol)

ENGLISH VERSION

Thanx

Paul L.

A very professional look about it.

I know you said it is in the development stage, but on English site so far only found these three.
Only if it helps. If it does not please ignore.

Tillbaka = 'Back' in English (return to previous page)
Comercial = Commercial (business)
Product/Comercial = (I guess) Commercial Products

p.s. I don't know any Swedish.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Looks wonderful Paul... really good. Big Grin

NT73, its helps for sure. Spelling errors corrected. Thanx.

As of now im working on improving the service and the about section, still havent finished the selection for the portfolio section.Big Grin

Here is a sample on how im thinking of changing the service section.

http://www.lindqvist-photography.com/bet...page9.html

Again thans for the input.

/Paul L.

I have rapid weaver and have never even looked closely at it. Will have to go and have another look.

Canon stuff.

Yea you should , its easy and still quite powerful. There are alot of useful plugins aswell.

/Paul L.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post