Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Weddings

I was just wondering if anyone here has shot weddings? I will be doing one soon an am looking for some pointers. I have done some but not solo, and the person I shot with was'nt exactly photography minded, just a business person looking for a quick buck!

Imagine....

not in the past 20 years.. so I think thing may have changed ..

Gone all digital

I've done a half dozen Danielle and each one has been different but similar. It can be broken up into a few parts that all need attention (studio glamour portraits, bride & bridesmaids preparing, groom and groomsmen preparing, ceremony, post ceremony, formals, reception) you can research the variety of different shots that are mandatory for each and discuss them with your client. The artistic formal shots seem to get the least amount of time regardless of how much you plan it.

Good ideas may be to look up what others offer and of course if you have time go to a wedding and watch the photographer(s) and see what they do. Its a bit hard to give advice without typing a novel Smile

thanks for that Smile

Imagine....

Hey Danielle,

I was asking for the same advice a while back:
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=40

Hope that helps...

Do some searches on Google for some Wedding Photo sites, they should alsp give you some good ideas.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

I have shot several Danielle. Anything in particular you are interested in?

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I did do one in video and it is probably not that much different, you have yo talk to both bride and groom to see what they want and also to the minister/priest/celebrant to see what they will allow and what they won't allow. It will also depend on what sort of areas there is close by park/trees/bushes/playground etc, etc. You will want to be a bit creative but still get the "standard" shots.

If you can, go along to the practice session and have a practice yourself, you will be able to talk a bit more to "arange" things.

Cheers.

Pete

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Cool, I think I'll be right now, just a little nervous about it, I know the people and their pretty easy going , they originally were'nt going to get a photographer so it's a good one for me to start on

Imagine....

All the best Danielle! Keep a cool head, take charge of the situation (even if you're unsure inside) and enjoy yourself in the process - nothing more stressful to the bride and groom than a stressed out photographer! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Wedding Shooter
Feb 9, 2010, 22:45