Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Well .....

looks like its going to take me even longer to get my DSLR. Things just dont work out sometimes i guess Sad . I think that i am goign to have to look for a used camera , and it is still going to be another month or 2 .

Not tryin to cry on any shoulders, just thought i would let yall know.

If anyone comes across a good deal on a Canon ( used ) please let me know . To be honest right now i just need a camera it doesnt have ot Canon or even. I need something that i can play with.

Thanks for your time ....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hey Shawn... that's a bummer - sorry to hear that. *group hug*

I think it's probably worthwhile holding out or saving up for a reputable camera or model that you really want, instead of buying any old camera because it's cheap.

I know the itch to get your hands on one must be quite bad, but it'll pay off in the long run...

Is there a camera you can borrow off a friend for the time being? Big Grin

Aww, hang in there, i know how you feel! I had to wait about 9 months before I could afford to get mine. You know what I found to be really useful though? Getting to know the equiptment I did have really well. By the time i got my 350D I knew so much more about my film camera than I did when I decided to upgrade and it made the transition so easy for me. I agree with Jules, you should hold out and get what you really want. I know that you want the instant gratification, but that feeling will wear off!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Hang in there Shawn. You'll be flooding the forum with photos again soon.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I am really very sorry to hear this... Sad Sad

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

thanks guys , and i mus oppoligize ( sp ) . I didnt mean to put yall in my business . I guess i needed to get it off my chest . I am going to wait on the right camera . I just get hate when things dont go " right " .

But thanks for yalls replies.

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hey Shawn,

I am right there with you, know how you're feeling, and I think the people around here are actually good shoulders to cry on sometimes!!! And it's nice if you can feel that it's ok to do that here Smile

What kind of camara are you using now? I guess a film, from what I read?
I think film is awsome and often wish I could get my hands on a film camara for a while. not having a digital should not keep you from progressing with your skills! Just try not to get to busy worrying about how to get a digital soon (haha, you're thinking, does she know I am not sleeping at night anymore? Yes she does Smile ). Work on your habits and get ready to dive into it, as soon as you will have your knew digital.
And you WILL have it.
Hope you stick around until that happens, and share some pics.

uli

thanks wulinka !!! Naw sleeping isnt a problem LOL . I am still going to be shooting , i just get a mad at myself for " missing a shot " due to my lack of knowlege . And i feal that i can get better results with a DSLR , because of the intant results , and i can correct my mistakes . I know that Film is just as good as shooting dig. and i feal like i have improved my shooting , I just get impatiant .

Banded Drake Wrote:thanks wulinka !!! Naw sleeping isnt a problem LOL . I am still going to be shooting , i just get a mad at myself for " missing a shot " due to my lack of knowlege . And i feal that i can get better results with a DSLR , because of the intant results , and i can correct my mistakes . I know that Film is just as good as shooting dig. and i feal like i have improved my shooting , I just get impatiant .
Hey Shawn - hang on in there and catch the lurve vibes reaching ya from here in the UK. When yer feelin' overcome with the frustration of the needs and urges to go digital just raise a digit high into the air, wave it around, open yer lungs and scream - then scowl at anyone who dares to look at you.

It won't get you the camera much sooner but it'll ensure the way to the shop is clear 'cos everyone else will have scattered and run for cover. Cool Big Grin

Pol

Polly Wrote:
Banded Drake Wrote:thanks wulinka !!! Naw sleeping isnt a problem LOL . I am still going to be shooting , i just get a mad at myself for " missing a shot " due to my lack of knowlege . And i feal that i can get better results with a DSLR , because of the intant results , and i can correct my mistakes . I know that Film is just as good as shooting dig. and i feal like i have improved my shooting , I just get impatiant .
Hey Shawn - hang on in there and catch the lurve vibes reaching ya from here in the UK. When yer feelin' overcome with the frustration of the needs and urges to go digital just raise a digit high into the air, wave it around, open yer lungs and scream - then scowl at anyone who dares to look at you.

It won't get you the camera much sooner but it'll ensure the way to the shop is clear 'cos everyone else will have scattered and run for cover. Cool Big Grin

Pol
LOL , i think that i might just have to try that . They may not only run but maybe they will help me get the camrea LOL !!!!