Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wells Cathedral

Wells Cathedral is in Somerset, south of Bristol. In the old days, the rich clergymen had vast tracts of land in the countryside. Some were godly and some were pretty evil.

#1 Wells Cathedral entrance/back door. Imagine pilgrims arriving and seeing this.
[Image: 40dmpep.jpg]

#2 The side. The eagle is one of four sculptures depicting Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
[Image: 4drcf9g.jpg]

#3 The alcove above the Bishops/Kings /Saints. This one looks like Noah. Not a good carpenter, as he's chopped his arm off.
[Image: 359adqx.jpg]

#4 Definitely Adam and Eve.
[Image: 34oegzp.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Sorry they are sloping a bit, but it is very tall.
How long will modern architecture survive? Rolleyes

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Wow! magnificent building - no wonder my English husband laughs when I say that (Aus) church is old Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Beautiful building and the green grass looks like carpet!

Canon stuff.

Beautiful Cathedral NT, and your pictures are great!!
I love to see the whole building as well as the details... I also like the light in the detail pictures... I personally don't like much when it is sunny and there are hard shadows... your pitures show nice colors and texture.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Beautiful building and the green grass looks like carpet!
The colour may be a bit brighter due to lightening the photo, as it was overcast that day. But its definitely real english grass, weeds as well.
I was knocked out by the building. It is very impressive 100ft high.

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Oct 2, 2017, 14:43
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 17, 2016, 23:02