Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nikon DSLR and buying online

I have been looking around for a Nikon DSLR (D70 mainly) for a little while now and I tohught I might just check out ebay to see what is happening when I came across these 'deals':
Nikon D100 Digital SLR + 2 Lenses + 2 GB + AU WARRANTY
Nikon D70 Digital SLR + 2 LENSES + 2 GB + AUS WARRANTY
Nikon D70 + TWO NIKKOR Lenses + 1 GB + AU WARRANTY
and I was wondering if you people think these are legit and what are your ideas on buying a DSLR (and lenses) camera from ebay, should I pay a bit more and buy from the shops or buy from ebay? if any one has any experince here Please help me out.

Thanks in advance
Andrew (dewy™) Stewart

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Seem like good deals Smile

I'm probably going to buy my lenses online - a lot cheaper.
They are grey goods, so I save about $300 per lens Smile

I bought my camera on ebay, and my lenses online from established sellers.

The key to ebay, in my opinion, is doing a diligent check on the company (its ebay feedback can be helpful, but if they have a real "bricks and mortar" store it's even better.)

I can't really comment on those particular package prices, but I'd suggest going with the Nikon lenses instead of the Sigmas. Also the tripods that come in those packages look like junk, so when you calculate the value of the deals, consider assigning them a value of zero.

Good tips guys. Also beware of where the camera is coming from...

On the first one, they say that they're an Australian business, but the camera actually comes from overseas (probably hong kong). I doubt that the AU warranty is genuine - probably an international warranty or something like that.

Factor in the $70 shipping costs they charge AND the taxes payable (10%) upon arrival through customs. Some dodgy sellers get around this by declaring the price to be lower than what it actually is, but you may be caught...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post