Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What Means.....

What means photography for me... What means forum for me....

When I stopped writing poetry, I found my camera in my hands... It was very old style one and an easy one... But it was like a pen, I was trying to write something with my camera.  In a photography forum, it was my first one, not living now, people there, photographers appreciated my photographs, they didn't make any problem what camera I was using... The main point was the image, compostion and of course the light how I used... I watched, I read, I learned them everyday... Most of them were proffessional photographer. To watch their photographs was so inspirational for me... Fascinated me. They posted, they shared, they watched others' photographs too and they made comments... In time, my camera changed, my photography changed... 
And one day I found myself in this photography forum... It was same for me... There were/are so beautiful photographers, very proffessional too. Forum means for me, interactive connection... Photographs are important, technical details important, but more than them, comments are very important... Otherwise only posting image, is not being a forum activity! In stead of this, we can watch photography books too... Comments make a forum, a real forum. 

Why I made  all these points, because I want to make attention for all members... Whenever I visit the forum I can see how many guests on the forum... but it is not same for the members... Where are you all... 

I hope and wish no one takes this in negative way... I love photography, and forum life... and I am really so happy to be in here again, but let us all together make it best again... 

Soon I will be moving to a new house and I may be in silence for some time... But I will come back again. 

Greetings from İstanbul, Love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Good Morning Dear Photographers,

I have been watching the forum from the day I came back till today... And I try to understand what is going on in here... Last night I tried to search the member list... Most of them don't seem as a photographer... How I know, they have their blogs... And also what I noticed there are many members like a ghost... Active members when I count it doesn't make, even ten too... 

I came back... I love photography, forum and Shuttertalk, it was my beginning in my life about photography. So when I receieved an e-mail, I didn't think, I came back... But I don't want to be the only one who gives comment and who makes post.... There are always quests when I join to the forum... In my opinion, this forum needs to reborn... But this is beyond my capabilities... I can just make posts, make comments... that's all.  But I spend time... I don't want to be in a silent place... I hope you can understand me... Please let me know, what is your thought? I hope you share. 

Thank you,  Love, nia

Ansel Adams

Hello Nia.

I was a regular poster here for some time but, for reasons that I don't know, the number of contributors and replies gradually decreased and so I also moved on. I occasionally look back here to see whether it has revived. However, I now take part regularly in two other active forums, which are more specific to the Pentax camera system I own and use. I'm sorry but I don't know how to solve the problem of this dormant forum.

Best wishes to you in your photography and in your new home.

Kind regards.
Philip

First of all Thank you for your reply, means a lot for me. I am sad to find like that here. but I will move on soon too... Because there is nothing to be done from me... I feel alone in here. 

Thank you again, you are so nice, 
Blessing and Happiness,
Love, nia

Ansel Adams

Hi Nia. I too am a little saddened by the silence on this forum. This is where I started also, many years ago, and I am happy to return. Of course, I am frustrated by the lack of posters, but if we simply leave, how will this help the future of this forum? I believe that it is worthwhile for us to stick around, even if only to keep one another company; a way to keep in touch. Perhaps, if we make a bigger effort to post more frequent photos/stories/questions, etc we may be able to draw more photographers to ShutterTalk? I am not prepared to walk away this time.

I am attaching several of my favourite Newfoundland landscapes, all of which were captured only steps from the front door of our humble little abode in the small fishing village of Island Harbour, on Fogo Island's western shore. (remember to click on each photo for a larger, more detailed view) 

I currently own four Sony Alpha-series DSLRs, but I generally shoot with my SLT-A57 body and a wide assortment of (circa 1980's) Minolta Maxxum prime lenses. I also enjoy film photography, and have a substantial collection of vintage/antique cameras, some of which date back more than a century, and all of them are in pristine condition, both mechanically and cosmetically. The last image here shows approximately one third of my camera collection. 

Come on, everyone, let's all start posting!!

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

[Image: Summertime-on-Fogo-Island-1280x1280.jpg]

[Image: Island-View-1024x1024.jpg]

[Image: Island-Harbour-Sunset-1024-1280x1280.jpg]

[Image: Fogo-Island-Sunset-1024x1024.jpg]

[Image: Fogo-Island-Morning-1280x1280.jpg]

[Image: DSC00125a-1280x1280.jpg]

[Image: DSC00680ascreen2-1280x1280.jpg]

[Image: Camera-Collection-1280x1280.jpg]

Dear Glen, how nice of you and also how positive, really I am not sure what to do. But when I read you, yes, I agree with you too, and maybe this could be a start... But I think admins or owners of this forum should make something too, for example for members... and maybe shouldn't be easy to enter/to visit the forum if you are not a real member/photographer... This is very important point. It was same for poetry forums too, and most them closed because of these reasons... But still there are some poetry forums living with their securities... only for real poets... it is not open for public... I am thinking aloud, maybe this could be one of reasons for this forum too... And should be some rules about posting and commenting... In poetry there was a rule, if you post a poem, you should make at least three comments for other poems... This was really so nice and so good... It worked...
Because a forum can stay alive with their members' activities, but not only posting a photograph... you will post a photograph and you will give some comments... This is as like to write a letter and take a reply... I don't know, as I said, I am thinking aloud, I am watching right now... But as always I am so happy to see you dear Glen, I love your photography, and always hits me... You are living in a very special place, a different view, and climate... colours change... and fascinates me... and also I know how precious and great for you photography... For me too dear Glen but I am not good as you and professional too... But I am happy with you, with you all, you all make my world widen... Do you know dear Glen, still in my dreams your land... One day I hope and wish to travel there,... 

Thank you so much, Love, nia

Ansel Adams

Hello Glen.

A good set of photos to illustrate the beauty around your home, my favourite compositions being #5 and #7 although I like them all. The ancient to modern camera collection is amazing.

Philip

Good Morning dear Philip, is this your forum that you told about it, "/www.dpreview.com"... I want to visit and search, can I be a member,... I mean is it for only professionals? Thank you, Love, nia

Ansel Adams

Hello Nia.

I dip into dpreview sometimes - anyone can join the forums there. However, as I use a Pentax system, I tend to take most interest in the images and discussions at Pentaxforums and Pentax User. I have taken note of the comments from you and Glen, so I will look in here more often - I have posted a few images here today.

Philip

Yes, I found now and visited, seems so nice as being a forum. Thank you, dear Philip, Love, nia

Ansel Adams

I have been a member of DPReview for many years; usually frequenting the Sony Alpha sections, as these are the cameras I mainly use. I have posted there many hundreds of times over the years, but I rarely return to it these days, as I have seen and experienced much bullying and infighting in recent years. It used to be a much friendlier place than it is today, in my humble opinion. Perhaps some of the other individual DPReview groups are better behaved than the Sony sections are?

Nia, you need not be too concerned as to whether any of these forums are for "professional" photographers; the vast majority of the best photographers I have ever come to know in my life are not professionals at all, myself included. I believe the term "professional" simply refers to someone who makes a living by, or at least profits from, their photography. I, like most others in these forums, are doing this strictly as a hobby; the sheer joy and satisfaction of taking pictures. Many years ago I was indeed selling some of my work, (I was selling series of six 8"x12" unframed prints for $1,000) but once it became a business to me, it very quickly was no longer enjoyable for me, so I stopped my sales and returned to it being just an interesting hobby for me once again.

And Nia, hopefully we will be seeing you posting many of your own photos right here on ShutterTalk, and who knows, perhaps we will bump into each other over at DPReview one day. And I hope you will try using ImgBB.com to quickly and easily post your images on any of these forums.

Attached, are a couple photos of lions which we had the privilege of viewing up close while on safari in Murchison Falls National Park in Northern Uganda during our most recent trip there. What a beautiful country and wonderful people. My wife and I hope to return one day soon! We have been actively involved in charity work in Africa for a great many years; mainly supporting Ugandan children who have been orphaned as a result of the HIV/AIDS pandemic. 

OK, now I am going to check out Philip's other posts on here! Let's all keep posting, folks!

Glen

[Image: DSC04596a1500-1280x1280.jpg]

[Image: DSC04606a1500-1280x1280.jpg]

Hi dear Glen, your web site is great, but as always and I enjoy to watch your photographs. I loved your big cats, they are so beautiful, I am crazy with them, and I have in my home two lovely Little Big Cats instead of them Smile

Dear Glen, I think, I am not going to post here anymore... People in here behind screen just watching and don't give any support... But you are not, and also some others too.... This makes me tired, and doesn't give me energy... I know my photography, and I don't say that I am great, but I am working, trying, doing something... So why should I go to post...

Thank you so much, you know my e-mail address, we can talk as before, have a nice day and weekend, Love, nia

Ansel Adams

Oh dear, I am so sorry and saddened to hear this, Nia. I only wish that I could say something... anything... which would maybe convince you change your mind and continue posting at ShutterTalk, in an effort to bring this site back to its former glory. (If we just leave, how can ShutterTalk continue to exist?) 

Anyway, I truly wish you the very best in all of your future endeavours. Perhaps I will see you posting over at DPReview, if I am able to find you there.

Take care, Nia, and I will always remain hopeful that one day you will change your mind and come back. 

Glen

PS: I don't believe I have an email address to reach you at.

Scenic Deep Bay evening panorama, captured near our home on Fogo Island
[Image: Deep-Bay-Fogo-Island-1280x1280.jpg]

(Apr 5, 2019, 08:43)nia Wrote:  Hi dear Glen, your web site is great, but as always and I enjoy to watch your photographs. I loved your big cats, they are so beautiful, I am crazy with them, and I have in my home two lovely Little Big Cats instead of them Smile

Dear Glen, I think, I am not going to post here anymore... People in here behind screen just watching and don't give any support... But you are not, and also some others too.... This makes me tired, and doesn't give me energy... I know my photography, and I don't say that I am great, but I am working, trying, doing something... So why should I go to post...

Thank you so much, you know my e-mail address, we can talk as before, have a nice day and weekend, Love, nia

We are always here to provide support to you here at ShutterTalk. Simply let us know if you have need of anything and we will assist. 

If I am not able to provide assistance, then I send an email to the admin to let him know of the need.  Shy

Thanks kindly,
Barbara

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Jan 14, 2020, 08:10)Luciad67 Wrote:  
(Apr 4, 2019, 00:45)nia Wrote:  Good Morning Dear Photographers,

I have been watching the forum from the day I came back till today... And I try to understand what is going on in here... Last night I tried to search the member list... Most of them don't seem as a photographer... How I know, they have their blogs... And also what I noticed there are many members like a ghost... Active members when I count it doesn't make, even ten too... 

I came back... I love photography, forum and Shuttertalk, it was my beginning in my life about photography. So when I receieved an e-mail, I didn't think, I came back... But I don't want to be the only one who gives comment and who makes post meilleure mutuelle TNS[/url].... There are always quests when I join to the forum... In my opinion, this forum needs to reborn... But this is beyond my capabilities... I can just make posts, make comments... that's all.  But I spend time... I don't want to be in a silent place... I hope you can understand me... Please let me know, what is your thought? I hope you share. 

Thank you,  Love, nia

Hi Nia, I know what you mean about ShutterTalk needing to be "reborn". I too moved on after you left the forum, as there was just no one remaining here to converse with. I returned to Dpreview where I had joined many years ago, but there is now so much infighting and rudeness over there that I recently closed my account. It seems that good photography forums are hard to find these days. But I really miss seeing your photography and hearing from you, as we have done for years. If you ever just want to chat or share some pictures, my wife and I can always be reached at Glen@FocusOnNewfoundland.com 

Sincerely Yours, 
Glen and Linda B. 
Fogo Island, Newfoundland (Canada) 
Rest assured, you will not be the only new one because we all are. But we will do everything to keep the forum dynamic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Aug 10, 2009, 06:10