Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What about these? (Split Thread)

A 'fabulous' Strat John.

What about these?

As with you, I've spent most of my adult life either being a Player/DJ/Sound engineer. Strange we have photography in common!!

Best regards.

Phil.

Love the Tele. Is that an ebony fretboard? And a Jag. Are you a Kurt Cobain fan?

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

(Dec 8, 2015, 11:52)Jocko Wrote:  Love the Tele. Is that an ebony fretboard? And a Jag. Are you a Kurt Cobain fan?

Yes it is an Ebony fretboard John, on a fixed neck with mother of pearl dot markers. The others are from the left A Hank Marvin signature Strat, a Martin D-28 and as you quite rightly identified a Fender Jaguar, of 1963 vintage with its original case and full provenance. I waited 28 years to get my hands on it as it had previously been owned by a pal of mine. No, I'm not particularly disposed towards Kurt Cobain, but, we do a Beach Boys set. The amp is a Peavey Vyper 30, which is a tremendous little amp and the inbuilt effects are very realistic, but for bigger gigs the Fender Twin (Blackface 65) and/or the AC30 (1962) go out, along with the outboard effects units.

Best regards.

Phil.

Phil - I am assuming these pics were for discussion and not for the competition thread. So, I moved them. If you also want them in the contest thread, you can also add them there. Thanks.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I love the clear simplicity of the second image Phil. Jeff

This is my latest addition to the collection. A Larrivée P-03W, similar to the one on the International Space Station. Mrs Jocko has problems with my guitar collection so I had to part with three acoustic guitars to make room for this one.

Some more of my collection here.

(Dec 10, 2015, 01:48)Jocko Wrote:  This is my latest addition to the collection. A Larrivée P-03W, similar to the one on the International Space Station. Mrs Jocko has problems with my guitar collection so I had to part with three acoustic guitars to make room for this one.

Some more of my collection here.

Hi John,

I've highlighted the bit which applies to all guitarists!! Well it certainly does to me when it comes to my wife. Smile Mine also seems to have an aversion to having the amps turned ON, which seems to defeat the whole concept of an 'electric guitar'.

Regards.

Phil.

My wife complains when there is nothing on the telly. So I get the guitar out. Within 10 minutes she has found something she was desperate to see!

(Dec 10, 2015, 07:53)Jocko Wrote:  My wife complains when there is nothing on the telly. So I get the guitar out. Within 10 minutes she has found something she was desperate to see!

Snap!!

Surprised she took so long. Ed.

To each his own!

(Dec 10, 2015, 08:04)EdMak Wrote:  Surprised she took so long. Ed.

I guess we must be doing something wrong then Ed. Smile

Regards.

Phil.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post