Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What are you most particular about?

It would be good to know how others operate in terms of taking photos. What are you most particular about when shooting? What goes through your brain the most in thouse few seconds be ore you press the shutter?

Composition, exposure, perspective, lighting, mood, story, special effects, focus, colour, depth of field...

I think I concentrate the most on composition (perhaps to the detriment of my photos sometimes, as I forget everything else). I'm always thinking - where is the focus of attention in the frame and how to make the subject stand out? A lot of the time I just leave my camera on P so I can concentrate on composing my shots...

Many of my shots are candid shots, so it's usually to make sure that it's in focus when the subject turns around, also to make sure that their heads are not right in the centre of the frame. I think composition is the major one, since it involves all the other factors: you compose the shot using exposure, perspective, lighting, mood and all that.
My camera is also usually in P.

most of the time i think about framing .. usually strying to stick to the rule of thirds ... so that objects are positioned nicely to focus o nthe subject correctly ..

of course that means that if the subject isnt in the middle .. i have to make sure that the focus is correct...

lol adam .. yeah .. we love candid shots ...
YAY for sports tracking mode.. coninual refocus .. !

I'm very much like peter... I'm pedantic when it comes to composition ... and try to stick to rule of third. Color is also important.

But experimenting more now that I got a digital SLR... the joy of not having to pay for film developing.

lemangoholic Wrote:I'm very much like peter... I'm pedantic when it comes to composition ... and try to stick to rule of third. Color is also important.
yeah .. i find colour very important .. if u dont get the colour right .. u cant capture the mood or the atmosphere that u want people to see.. thank God for the power of post processing .... im a RAW-a-holic nows ~_~

Rule of third has become a law to me. I no longer put heads right in the centre of pictures, but when I ask someone to take a picture for me, and they do that... well... it's not very nice Smile

It's a nice rule to break also; experiment Smile

I'm particular about the framing because you don't want to be shooting in the wrong direction; but you can always crop later;
and also about focus, you can't really fix out of focus images on the computer;

uhahua ...
my dad is the worst when it comes to lining up people for phots.. i remember when i was a kid ..
he lined up my sister and her firiends .. and they loooked like they belonged at the end of a bowling alley ~_~

yeah .. focus and exposure are one of the 2 main things u cant correct with software ...

adam Wrote:Rule of third has become a law to me. I no longer put heads right in the centre of pictures, but when I ask someone to take a picture for me, and they do that... well... it's not very nice Smile

Haha... why don't you try stepping to one side at the last moment? Big Grin

When I went to the ball, I tried to take the picture and have their heads not in the centre, but I'm quite tall, so I had to bend down a lot so I'm not looking down at then. Then they must of thought that I was shooting something else.

uhauh thats a funny one .. yeah ..when there is a couple of people i nthe photo .. you cant really put the centre of the people o nthe thir d ..or else it just looks weird .. so really.. what is the best positioning for group photos ?

I really worry about what the Picture is going to look like on the computer, they are great quality on the LCD, but on the pc they look like 2nd hand Toilet Paper.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

uhauh yeah ... thing look better when u see them small ...
but yeah .. .another thing i find is that the colour also looks much nicer alot of the time on the LCD screen .. but ohh wellz .. if you makesure your ISO / Focus and stuff is all correct .. shouldnt be a problem ...

yeah .. but its annoying when it looks in focus and then when you loook at it larger ... OUT OF FOCUS !! ~_~