Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What are your 2017 Goals?
Photo 

It's that time of year where people make resolutions (I still have one from 1996 that I haven't broken, it was not to make resolutions) and set goals for the coming year.

My main two are to keep improving my video technique and editing.

Secondly to capture an image of a mountain lion, in the wild. I don't even know where to begin, but I do know they are in the hills and mountains around here, as I once saw one far off. I'm planning to spend a lot of time in the mountains this year!

Not a goal, but a new project I have is that I am volunteering for the Local police department as a volunteer photographer, covering department events and internal ceremonies etc. Should be fun and will give something back to the community.

What are your photography related plans or goals for 2017?

(Jan 3, 2017, 13:39)EnglishBob Wrote:  What are your photography related plans or goals for 2017?

Not to buy any new gear :-) That's kind of a non-goal, though, as it's about not doing something.

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm still struggling to find my way in photography. We're doing a photobook at the Photography class this term so, over Christmas, I went through about 5000 images and picked my 50 favourites. Now need to get those down to about 20. What it revealed was that I'm still improving. There weren't many from three years ago (when I started) but there were a fair few from the last few months. So I guess the goal is simply to continue that improvement.

I went through my 2016 images to pick my top images of the year..... and I struggled. 2015 I had a hard time paring down to pick the top 5. From 2016 I have images I like, but few that I feel jump out.

And I took less pictures in 2016 than i did in 2015. That said, 2015 was my all time high.

(Jan 3, 2017, 13:39)EnglishBob Wrote:  ....I still have one from 1996 that I haven't broken, it was not to make resolutions....

Surely you broke that one by making it. Wink

Mine is to try to be more ruthless with regard to deleting more of the junk image files I produce!

Cheers.
Philip

(Jan 3, 2017, 15:06)MrB Wrote:  Mine is to try to be more ruthless with regard to deleting more of the junk image files I produce!

Cheers.
Philip

That may be one reason I have less images than 2015 for 2016, I did start to cull my shoots a little harder than I did in the past during last year.

Stay alive. Ed.

To each his own!

Staying alive is a good one!

I've always been ruthless in deleting photos. I'm sure I've deleted many that, were I to look at now, I could probably salvage something good, but they're long gone. Nevertheless, looking back over the ones I've kept there are already too many to really ever look at properly again.

To have the courage of doing mistake! Not to worry much about taking a wrong shot!

To use my camera in AV, TV and manual mode more and practice practice practice so it all sinks in lol.

Jane

(Jan 4, 2017, 02:07)EdMak Wrote:  Stay alive. Ed.

Snap.