Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is everyone's first name?

We all have our screen names etc... but what is your first name?

Let me start....

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I'm not falling for this obvious attempt at winning a giveaway....

edit: ah, crap - I just did!!! Wink To answer the question: Colin

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Cailean Wrote:Contestant #1
My name is Colin
Contestant #2
My name is Colin. :/

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Mine's Julian, but you can call me Jules. Big Grin

Mine's none of these... I think this giveaway has caused a lot of non-photography threads to emerge.

I think these should be stricken from the calculations for the giveaway.

I think they're good threads, but would we have still been starting em off in a non-giveaway month? Smile

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

I hear your point, gd and I agree somewhat...

However, I guess these off-topic threads do make Shuttertalk a more fun and unique place - and I wouldn't want to penalise those who contribute to those discussions. The rules of the giveaways have already been set as well, and it would be slightly unfair if I changed them now...

Maybe next Christmas... Big Grin

gd Wrote:Mine's none of these... I think this giveaway has caused a lot of non-photography threads to emerge.

I think these should be stricken from the calculations for the giveaway.

I think they're good threads, but would we have still been starting em off in a non-giveaway month? Smile

Gee, that's a real drag you feel this way. Does that mean you won't post in those threads? I think people should reply in those threads as they would if there were no prize.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

My name is: Andrew, but I am known as Drew to many, I get annoyed when that call me drew now, not sure why tho. Oh and if you win, I have a few books I'd like to 'aquire' that are on Amazon, lol

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Well said, Colin.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

well clearly I do post in those threads...

but my point is not that the threads are poor, indeed I said that they are good threads...

it's just that the proliferation of such threads has only happened once the announcement occurred. Before the annoucement, the category was full of actual general questions etc that gave the site a feeling of community.

The questions being asked that are too general even to be in the general category. These appear to me just to be to get the giveaway, clearly.

and for that, I felt compelled to post, because I don't want cynical questions popping up like 'what's your favourite colour'.

You're spot on colin, people should post as if there is no prize... for sure.
And i'm not meaning to be a drag, it's just the the threads themselves have no other purpose. Like posting a picture of all white.

I'm sorry if I'm the only person with this opinion. I'll only state it once.

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

You know my name already, so my screen name in other forums is Perikita which means "little female parrot"... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Actually I got the idea for the letter-change thread from a guitar forum I visit. They have many such threads in their general chat forum, and it gives the place a sense of community, a little bit of levity, and a small break from the norm. I thought it would be fun to try that here too, and the prize giveaway was just a motivator, not the primary reason.

That being said, they also have tons of threads relating to guitars and the playing thereof. It would be great if we could match that level of content over here relating to photography and cameras. Smile

Pretty

Polly

SQUAWK-SQUAWK Big Grin

I don't know Smile