Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is the best way to calibrate a notebook computer?

It seems my notebook has limited screen functions. I can brighten the screen but it is not the same as on a CRT monitor. I have no contrast and brightness settings that I know of. The brightness on the notebook almost seems like a back light behind the screen that makes it easier to see. I tried adobe gamma through the control panel extension. That seemed to work best. The Wizard just didn't work proper on the notebook.
Are there any calibration utilities specially for notebooks?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Yes yes yes!! I would also like to know!!!!!

I tried the wizard, and it tells me to adjust one of the controls (I forgot which one), until I see the lines disappear, or something like that (sorry for not being specific, I'm unsure..)

Please help Smile

Yeah me too - colours on my laptop always seem a bit paler than my desktop. Sometimes I'd come up with a groovy colour scheme for web sites on my laptop, only to realise that it's shocking when viewed on the desktop! Big Grin

I don't think there's hardware calibration like CRT monitors - just software. Some graphics cards have colour correction in their drivers... like the ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 that I have. For me, I go to control panel -> display -> settings -> advanced settings, and there's a tab for adjusting colour.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by gerainte
Feb 15, 2014, 09:08