Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What makes a person photogenic?

I was wondering what exactly it is that makes some people look good on pictures, while others always seem to look ugly, although in real life they look quite nice.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Oh blimey.

Is it tough question year?

I'd like to see others perspectives, but for me,////.....;';';';''''@@ I just cant say. :|

Cave canem

That is a toughy. I know sunglasses work. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

135mm soft-focus lens.

Big Grin

it's all in the photogenes? :o

A couple of drinks make me much better looking.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Make up and studio lighting? Big Grin

jericho Wrote:A couple of drinks make me much better looking.

Who does the drinking? and in who's mind are you better looking? Big Grin

My flickr images

Oh ya, I have another that helps make you more photogenic.
Neatimage and photoshop. Big Grin

My flickr images

PHOTOSHOP!
Smile

or the Gimp

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

What makes someone photogenic? A good photographer!

For me it's a long distance to camera, a short lens and fog.

For me, I feel I can never be objective about judging photos of people that we're familiar with (or even photos of myself) -- I'm too biased by intimate knowledge of the person...

I suspect someone who can 'perform' for the camera as well as relate to the photographer will always look better.

I'm hopeless - always crack up and start laughing if anyone points a camera at me. Even worse, half the pix of me come out looking as though I'm sobbing when, in truth, I'm creased up giggling.

I managed not to giggle in my wedding photos - that was a marathon for me and a huge relief for my mother Big Grin

Polly

uuhm a nice smile and that little extra from the eyes. and ofcourse a good pose with some nice soft light.

Regards

Christian

Yesterday I saw a programme on TV about what we think is beautiful. They were on about a 5 to 3 ratio, fibonacci numbers and PHI. They actually had a software program they used to analyse the proportions of several girls participating in the "Miss Germany" contest, and made quite accurate predictions of who would be among the first five.

Here is just one site with some information, google for "fibonacci" and you'll find a lot more.

(Edited the link)

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Let's face it there is a classic beautiful body and face that are almost universally accepted in Western culture anyway. Not everyone has it but nearly everyone has a piece of it.

If your model's features aren't classically beautiful then you need something interesting in gestures or costume or situation to make the photo attractive.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

So the answer to your question is.......

I have a new answer.... Me Smile